Help UT2004 Grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help UT2004 Grow!

Today I was at my local EB Games store looking around when another customer asked me what game he should buy, he said he just got a brand new computer, So I informed him about UT2004, told him how the game worked and about it's high learning curve but after you get used to it, it's great, then I told him about aim and mice ( he was going to buy a analog controller to play with ) So i explained DPI and mouse sensetivity and he bought an MX510 with his new game, I gave him my website address so I could show him how to play later on after he gets it installed, but that's +1 for the community, even though he's a 37 yr old contractor, word of mouth is the best thing for a company so if you all can get your friends, people you know, or people you've just met to play UT2004, we can bring it back =D

I got 2 of my friends to try to play.

One played the demo a bit but won't buy the game

The other wants to play it but has a super crappy computer that cant run it

Go figure..

All my other friends aren't interested in video games :heart:

Comment

you gusy know that 1 cd key works for two people online?

offer two of your freinds to split the cost ($15 CDN each).
      Or demo your own key to someone you trust.

I got like 4 people into the game (1 bought it), this way.

Comment

All my friends like video games, it's good. One of them has a ****ty computer, so he mainly plays Xbox (but he likes Unreal Championship) and he plays UT/UT2004 whenever he comes over to my place. A couple of my other friends play UT2004 as well, and I just recently got one of my CS playing friends into UT (original - I copied it for him, since it's pretty much impossible to get it in NZ)

Comment

Getting people to buy the game is one thing, but getting them to actually stick around and help the community grow is a totally different thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
            Getting people to buy the game is one thing, but getting them to actually stick around and help the community grow is a totally different thing.
            Well you have to get them in first.

Comment

Originally posted by senshu
              Well you have to get them in first.
              Well, Epic could take a hint from drug dealers, and make the first one free....

Dicky B (just kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by Dicky B
                Well, Epic could take a hint from drug dealers, and make the first one free....

Dicky B (just kidding)
                I wish mmorpg's would take that hint. Too late now, though.

Comment

+1 respect for doing what you did

i only know one person that has ut2k4 and he hardly ever plays and only likes onslaught

everyone else doesnt have a comp, dont have the hardware to run it, or doesnt have hi speed.

Comment

Re: Help UT2004 Grow!

Originally posted by 0verclocked
                    Today I was at my local EB Games store looking around when another customer asked me what game he should buy, he said he just got a brand new computer, So I informed him about UT2004, told him how the game worked and about it's high learning curve but after you get used to it, it's great, then I told him about aim and mice ( he was going to buy a analog controller to play with ) So i explained DPI and mouse sensetivity and he bought an MX510 with his new game, I gave him my website address so I could show him how to play later on after he gets it installed, but that's +1 for the community, even though he's a 37 yr old contractor, word of mouth is the best thing for a company so if you all can get your friends, people you know, or people you've just met to play UT2004, we can bring it back =D
                    If only you told him that if he wanted to play games a PC is the last thing he should buy as all the great programmers have gone to console systems and the PC market is dying senator. Creativity with regard to PC gaming was made available to my generation by the first wave of PC gaming programmers in the 70's and 80's who I guess are all now retired on beaches in the pacific. Someone go grab those fockers and get them to make some games worth a brain cell. There are no challenges anymore. And when there are its a challenge that leads to nothing special as a pay off. If anyone is going to Hawaii and happens to be walking on the beach looking for the programmers of old they look a little like this....

Comment

Community? I hate that word. We're not a community, we are individuals who have no affinity with one another. We need something from eachother: competition. Why do people have to cover everything with love's burden?

Comment

Originally posted by Xamaniqinqu
                        Community? I hate that word. We're not a community, we are individuals who have no affinity with one another. We need something from eachother: competition. Why do people have to cover everything with love's burden?
                        oh oh you touched my TROLL lala.

Comment

As some of you know, I work at the one of the UKs biggest computer game retailers, and you wouldn’t believe the amount of people ive sold UT to
                          My proudest achievement was a bloke coming in to buy a train sim add on, and managing to get him to buy UT2004 at the same time. The guys were laughing over that for weeks
                          Shop floor staff are so underestimated when it comes to sales. They can literally get a person not to buy a game simply by saying “its **** mate”, or introduce them into a different game that they hadn’t considered.

Comment

I know 4 people who play UT personally (EG: Met them face to face) and I introduced them all to UT2004. 2 bought copies themselves and the other 2 think its too hard, and prefer to play easy online MMORPGs.

They only ever did run around firing the redeemer and rocket launcher randomly though...

Bah humbug...

Comment

getting people to stick is tricky. i usually tell them about these forums and about things going such as new maps & mods etc. Having new content near enough pernamently is going to help people stick around, but at the end of the day it depends if the person likes the game.

MsM

Comment

Working...
                              X