X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    soz, gave up half way through the thread so this may have been siad:

If you join from spectating you dont feature in the stats. This is most likely your prob.

Maybe it is narcissistic to see how well (or badly :bulb: ) you've done, but then Im too busy to talk about this now, I have an important appointment with my own reflection :heart:.

And as the great philosopher Jerry Springer once said, 'if you cant even love yourself, how do you expect anyone else to ever love you...?'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *tries to get worked up*

Grrr!

*no, nothing there*

/Exit is pretty relaxed about this and all other issues.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by brimcv
    Why don`t all you critical ppl just STFU!

I posted this because i needed some advice from decent ppl on this forum.

I will not degenerate myself to your level by calling you "brats" etc i was just wondering what may have caused this.

The stats are for fun ffs guys so stop dissing me and i doubt any of you that have can actually play the game so stop hating on me!

:down:

Thats bad crack guys plz only useful/helpful posts in future.
    I told you to stop yelling, brat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It sucks that every post about stats end into a discussion between stats lovers an stats haters.

PLEASE respect those who like the stats. It is a feature in our game, just like spam weapons for example.

It's my house and if you don't like it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That bites big lee :down: i feel your pain!

After doing like 60kills 0 deaths in a match where is the evidence that this ever took place ? The Stats are a good way to look back at your good games and also review your bad games and it`s always fun to try and be in the Alltime,month,week top 10s as it show`s you are playing well

Stop judging people and let them enjoy the game features that have been provided in UT2K4. I think it's much more "narcissic" to blame people for not fitting into your own personal vision of how people should play the game and use (or not use) the stats, muts, and game types.
    I think everyone who dissed should take a look at that quote and be humbled by it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Why don`t all you critical ppl just STFU!

I posted this because i needed some advice from decent ppl on this forum.

I will not degenerate myself to your level by calling you "brats" etc i was just wondering what may have caused this.

The stats are for fun ffs guys so stop dissing me and i doubt any of you that have can actually play the game so stop hating on me!

:down:

Thats bad crack guys plz only useful/helpful posts in future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I didn't know the 'join-from-spectator-slot' thing, but somehow
    I remembered this thread. And after going through all the usual rants I was surprised to find an explanation.

Thank you, 3leggedFreak & BigLee!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I too am a big stat *****, but i've never seen a camper with a high score in Onslaught. The stats are all about assists, building, destroying and defending important nodes, and attacking cores. Camping in ONS doesn't work if you want good stats, and it leaves you're team a player down.

Sorry, I've developed a tendency for deranged, poorly spelled rants.

I also didn't know that if you joined the game as a spectator your stats weren't recorded. Ta for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll tell you - I'm more forgiving than Moppel

Stats are not recorded if you join the game as a spectator, nor are they recorded against opponents that join the game as a spectator.

Most annoying - Ive lost out on a few WS's being recorded because of that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Stats!!!

Ok guys i`m going out of my mind. My stats seem to track when they feel like and 9 times out of 10 its not when i`ve done a wicked sick.

Ok today i have went godlike X2 in 1 match and Wicked sick X1 with 60kills 0 deaths and none of them have recorded.

I have checked the servers on the stats and the games HAVE been recorded and i can see the games i have played in but my NAME is DELETED why the hell is this??? i don`t mean to be big headed but am i too good for those stats or something and i don`t use aimbot only Force Modelling and i own deck 17.

This happens on all deck 17 servers and my stats wont register yet when i play shi*e they do wtf guys i`m gonna smash this UT2K4 into tiny bits soon as all my hard work is for nothing!!!!!!!
    I just wanted to tell you what causes this bug so you can avoid it in future. Well, until I read your last paragraph. Yell at someone else, you brat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Stats!!!

I have checked the servers on the stats and the games HAVE been recorded and i can see the games i have played in but my NAME is DELETED why the hell is this???
    Now when the obligatory stats ranting is done it's time to look at the initial question:
    U obviously play on servers with stats tracking since the games have been recorded, but it looks like u never played and your opponents kills on u are not counted. In most cases this happens because u entered the game from a spectator slot. If u do this your stats wont be tracked, and it will appear as u never been there. Don't know why this is, but probably it messes up the sph, ttl and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    set my filter only for stats server too... Problem fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by usahoppy
    Problem: Stats not working right.

Way To Fix Problem: Stop being a Stats *****.
    I love this philosophy and I think I will apply it to every aspect of my life.

Problem: car fails to start.

Solution: stop being a motorist.

Problem: Garbage man fails to remove garbage from curb, despite being caught up on the bill.

Solution: Collect garbage in garage until it is filled to capacity. Then buy a new house.

Problem: Leg hurts when I bend at the knee in a 45 degree angle or greater. An amateur diagnosis presents the possibility that it might be a blood clot.

Solution: Stop bending my knee like that.

Problem: A featured aspect of a piece of software does not function as advertised.

Solution: Eat the bugs, service outages or intrusive spyware-like copy protection. Realize that software developers owe me nothing for my 35$ and start sending them my checks that would otherwise be spent on software to them directly.

By the way, I LOVE my copy of Superpower and I have yet to patch Civilization 3. Starfleet 2 is still on my hard drive as well.

Some people's kids...

APf

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by usahoppy
    Well i think the problem most people have is that fact that people whine about it all the time. Every now and again, i'll check my stats. But it is not a driving force for why i play the game.

It is okay to like stats, just comming here and complaining about it will only draw fire from people. Just like if i were to say that i cannot stand I-CTF, you and possible others would stand up and say the other side. If they whine, they get flamed. Not that i am endorsing it, it is just the way things go.
    Why would complaining about a game feature that is suppose to be working, but is not, be considered whining?

It is not at all like someone coming here saying that they cannot stand iCTF. That would be pointless, inflammatory, and very troll-like. It is a part of UT2K4. If they don't like it, they shouldn't be playing it. And if they are not playing it and still come here to trash it, then they need to seriously work on some personal issues that they most certainly have. Why rain on other people's parade?

It's fine to have an opinion on something, and if you would like to start a thread to discuss the merits and shortcomings of the stats system then that's fine. But when someone starts a thread about the stats being down or not working properly then posting your feelings about the stats is really not relevant or on topic.

And now I am finished. I know this discussion is pointless. The thread is bound to be taken off topic (actually it already has been) and has a good chance of being locked when other anti-stats people jump in in the morning. You simply cannot speak of stats in these forums without taking flak. It's both sad and silly at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i think the problem most people have is that fact that people whine about it all the time. Every now and again, i'll check my stats. But it is not a driving force for why i play the game.

It is okay to like stats, just comming here and complaining about it will only draw fire from people. Just like if i were to say that i cannot stand I-CTF, you and possible others would stand up and say the other side. If they whine, they get flamed. Not that i am endorsing it, it is just the way things go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X