This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats!!!

Ok guys i`m going out of my mind. My stats seem to track when they feel like and 9 times out of 10 its not when i`ve done a wicked sick.

Ok today i have went godlike X2 in 1 match and Wicked sick X1 with 60kills 0 deaths and none of them have recorded.

I have checked the servers on the stats and the games HAVE been recorded and i can see the games i have played in but my NAME is DELETED why the hell is this??? Am i too good for these servers or something :P or does the guy owns it just think it`s funny to exclude me from the stats and let all the other folk have their stats?

This happens on all deck 17 servers and my stats wont register yet when i play shi*e they do wtf guys i`m gonna smash this UT2K4 into tiny bits soon as all my hard work is for nothing!!!!!!!

Play at a site with their own stats. :alien:

Comment

I have mine filtered so I only see servers that track stats...

Comment

Problem: Stats not working right.

Way To Fix Problem: Stop being a Stats *****.

Comment

:haha: :haha: :haha:
          This post makes me laugh

Comment

Or maybe the people that don't use the stats feature could stop trolling the stats threads and stop posting irrelevant posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Dad
              Or maybe the people that don't use the stats feature could stop trolling the stats threads and stop posting irrelevant posts.
              Nah, thats not gonna be happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by usahoppy
                Nah, thats not gonna be happening anytime soon.
                I know. Just wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Dad
                  Reminding people how narcissic it is to look at their stats is very relevant to such threads.
                  Plus they lead, in team games, to stat whores tending *not* to play cooperatively with their team. (e.g. camping vehicles in ONS / not passing the ball to score in BR).

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                    Reminding people how narcissic it is to look at their stats is very relevant to such threads.
                    Plus they lead, in team games, to stat whores tending *not* to play cooperatively with their team. (e.g. camping vehicles in ONS / not passing the ball to score in BR).
                    Bah. You make assumptions that don't apply to everyone. I play iCTF. I couldn't care less about my ELO ranking. But my efficiency is a fair indicator of how my skills are progressing. It may not be perfect, but it's good for a rough estimate. I also like to go back and see who owned me because THOSE are the people I want to keep playing with and learning from.

And frankly it's fun to keep track of how many monster, ludicrous, and holy **** kills you've gotten. I don't think that's "narcissic", it's just fun.

It's funny how some of the same people who critisize and call people lame for monitoring their stats are the same people who have an elitist attitude and trash people for playing on the lowly pub servers or who ***** about how much their team sucks when they lose a match. It's all for fun, right?

And that wasn't directed at anyone here, because I don't know that I've even played against anyone here. But I've heard this before in the pubs.

Stop judging people and let them enjoy the game features that have been provided in UT2K4. I think it's much more "narcissic" to blame people for not fitting into your own personal vision of how people should play the game and use (or not use) the stats, muts, and game types.

Comment

Well i think the problem most people have is that fact that people whine about it all the time. Every now and again, i'll check my stats. But it is not a driving force for why i play the game.

It is okay to like stats, just comming here and complaining about it will only draw fire from people. Just like if i were to say that i cannot stand I-CTF, you and possible others would stand up and say the other side. If they whine, they get flamed. Not that i am endorsing it, it is just the way things go.

Comment

Well i think the problem most people have is that fact that people whine about it all the time. Every now and again, i'll check my stats. But it is not a driving force for why i play the game.

It is okay to like stats, just comming here and complaining about it will only draw fire from people. Just like if i were to say that i cannot stand I-CTF, you and possible others would stand up and say the other side. If they whine, they get flamed. Not that i am endorsing it, it is just the way things go.
                        Why would complaining about a game feature that is suppose to be working, but is not, be considered whining?

It is not at all like someone coming here saying that they cannot stand iCTF. That would be pointless, inflammatory, and very troll-like. It is a part of UT2K4. If they don't like it, they shouldn't be playing it. And if they are not playing it and still come here to trash it, then they need to seriously work on some personal issues that they most certainly have. Why rain on other people's parade?

It's fine to have an opinion on something, and if you would like to start a thread to discuss the merits and shortcomings of the stats system then that's fine. But when someone starts a thread about the stats being down or not working properly then posting your feelings about the stats is really not relevant or on topic.

And now I am finished. I know this discussion is pointless. The thread is bound to be taken off topic (actually it already has been) and has a good chance of being locked when other anti-stats people jump in in the morning. You simply cannot speak of stats in these forums without taking flak. It's both sad and silly at the same time.

Comment

Problem: Stats not working right.

Way To Fix Problem: Stop being a Stats *****.
                          I love this philosophy and I think I will apply it to every aspect of my life.

Problem: car fails to start.

Solution: stop being a motorist.

Problem: Garbage man fails to remove garbage from curb, despite being caught up on the bill.

Solution: Collect garbage in garage until it is filled to capacity. Then buy a new house.

Problem: Leg hurts when I bend at the knee in a 45 degree angle or greater. An amateur diagnosis presents the possibility that it might be a blood clot.

Solution: Stop bending my knee like that.

Problem: A featured aspect of a piece of software does not function as advertised.

Solution: Eat the bugs, service outages or intrusive spyware-like copy protection. Realize that software developers owe me nothing for my 35$ and start sending them my checks that would otherwise be spent on software to them directly.

By the way, I LOVE my copy of Superpower and I have yet to patch Civilization 3. Starfleet 2 is still on my hard drive as well.

Some people's kids...

APf

Comment

set my filter only for stats server too... Problem fixed.

Comment

Re: Stats!!!

Originally posted by brimcv
                              I have checked the servers on the stats and the games HAVE been recorded and i can see the games i have played in but my NAME is DELETED why the hell is this???
                              Now when the obligatory stats ranting is done it's time to look at the initial question:
                              U obviously play on servers with stats tracking since the games have been recorded, but it looks like u never played and your opponents kills on u are not counted. In most cases this happens because u entered the game from a spectator slot. If u do this your stats wont be tracked, and it will appear as u never been there. Don't know why this is, but probably it messes up the sph, ttl and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X