Need help from 1on1 Experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbear6
    Well, my aim sucks and I still win 1v1s because I have some knowledge of map control and I'm ok at prediction. And some of them are obviously better fraggers than I, but for some reason they just aren't good at 1v1s and I win. And even with some of the guys that woop me everytime, I can sometimes fend them off a little bit because as soon as the shock rifle or lightning gun spawns, I grab it and force them to come after me with the rl and flak. However, I just plain get wooped when playing guys like powerslave, darksoul, or dc. So, yeah, there's my 2 cents.
    Work on not being so predictable and not being so agressive.

Comment

Originally posted by tewicc

ppl that say they dont do good in 1v1 because of their aim and stuff like that, only got one thing to say, live with it, i got it the same way, and still i manage to quite ok, just because i focus on stuff im good at instead, like timing good, getting maplock, and take away those guns my opponent do good with, so he cant get them, and least predict the opponent and spam them to hell
      Now go play against someone who can do that also, and tell me why you lost

I'm not talking about playing some low level player, where you're completely owning them...

I'm talking about playing someone higher level than you (because isn't that the true test of someone's skills?) and losing because you just don't have the aim.

..and if you're talking about the people posting in this thread, you're wrong (regarding the experience level).

If you mean this forum in general, then you'd be correct.

Comment

1v1 is your friend, work on timing, melee will come naturally (hopefully).

Comment

Asrial-X:

i dont know ANY of the players in this thread, or even have heard of them in any way, i assume they are / you are NA / US gamers, right ?

im europeen, and talking about highskilled, not to sound like i know everything and stuff like that, but i am in fact talking about when playing against very good players, not midskilled dudes, but higskilled WCG/ESWC players

ofc there is no charm in wooping some newb, much more fun to get a close game / win a game against some maniac.

Comment

I agree with tewic that aim isnt everything in 1on1. I know the basics of 1on1, but still i can get raped like 3x-x against a really highskilled player. That isnt because of his aim.

But I do really need aim practice. But only with the spamweapons. Everytime I enter a combat with my flak I loose.
            I guess my hitscan aim is close to the really highskilled players.

Comment

Originally posted by k|Tex
              1v1 is your friend, work on timing, melee will come naturally (hopefully).
              It WILL come naturally. After years of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jink
                I agree with tewic that aim isnt everything in 1on1. I know the basics of 1on1, but still i can get raped like 3x-x against a really highskilled player. That isnt because of his aim.

But I do really need aim practice. But only with the spamweapons. Everytime I enter a combat with my flak I loose.
                I guess my hitscan aim is close to the really highskilled players.
                so true...

but you can also loose vs really skilled players BECAUSE of the aim... just take a look @ my demo vs jesus (ok deleted it a few days ago though : /) but on rank he made 2x the dmg i made, and still i managed to get frags in on him, so if i had (in this case) better hitscan aim i would maybe have managed to make it close (dont think i could win it though)

but when i play lo2dk i.e then i have to be the hitscan dude because his closecombat skills are awsome.

so you need to adapt to ur opponent and his style of play and find his week spots.

and true you need to get better with spam weapons, try to take a look of one of your demo's in a even match, and see how you fire ur spam, is it just random without any though about it will hit or not, do you hit in front of your enemy, do you hit behind him, and see which spam ur worst with, and just in general prac them more in warmup, and itll come, trust me i did so with the flak prim, and did like MANY hours of only rocket prim warmup vs lo2dk

just give me a call @ irc and im in for some warmup mode!

Comment

Working...
                X