EPIC: Custom Models, Mods 'n' Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HS SPoT
    It wasnt a solution, rather a lack of a real problem IMO...

We use custom models all the time and I rarely have trouble distigueshing teams apart. Its usualy a close quarters, round the corner oops with FF on.
    Yes... I know it wasn't a solution. That's why I said it wasn't one.

The problem is not "I can't tell who's on my team". It's about customizibilty, polish... and generally just the game being limited. We should be able to define a lot more about skins etc.

And why shouldn't every opponent I see on the red team have a red skin??

Anywho, UT2k4 will support multiple teams(methinks) so there will be a reason the multicolor the models, as Its quite a bit mor confusing for mutiple teams.
    *confoozled*.

What are you talking about? 4 team support? If so, then no. But anyway.

Comment

...and a partridge in a pear tree.

Comment

better handling of custom player models is a definite must. theres alot of effort being put into stuff like this and alot of support by Epic, if you go by the MSU contest anyway...
        so please dont forget, once these talented modelers create something, please make sure we can use it as easily as possible, especially online where more players will then be able to enjoy...

and of course, same goes for voices since youve got a little extra time to get ut2004 to us, please try to make sure ALL custom content gets handled so that players who want to use it can do so easily, offline and online. thanks!

Comment

Yupyup

Comment

Watch out for speed bumps.

Would be nice to hear a resonse from Epic - are things better on this front in 2k4?

Comment

Partridges prefer to live in apple trees, though.

I think this is a good idea, I see bots that have names from mods in my UT2003 offline games (And vice versa). I think making a bypass to the .upl's would be an excellent idea... What about customized file extensions? Instead of .upl, which would be Unreal Player Blah (I think :bulb: ), what about this: If your mod is called, say, Crush-The-Evil, all your custom bot stuff can be put into a file with a .ctepl file extension. Then, assuming Unreal will only read .upl's, CTEPlayers.ctepl will not be read by UT2003. Making this function customizeable (Like map headers for different gametypes) will be a plus.

The same can also be done for .u's (mutators and other code) and .int's (... Stuff), so then mutators for UT2003 won't show up in CTE (Or whatever mod you want)...

:bulb: I don't think I'm making too much sense there, am I? :up:

Comment

Kinda.

Comment

Whats that in your Avatar shuri.

(other than the santa hat )

Comment

looks like the very cool exoslave model... in a santahat of course

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl
                      looks like the very cool exoslave model... in a santahat of course
                      ExoSlave model by Ian Waugh
                      Tribal Slave skin by Kirin
                      Santa Hat by yours truly

=)

Comment

The only thing Id really like to see is the push made real easy, like in UT.

The answer for people who dont want to see it is play on default only servers.

Comment

Perhaps, but the UT method also prevented the player from using skins and models unless the server had them, which was much more of a problem.

And it's not just a case of giving people the choice to accept what the admin wants them to have, either. Server admins often don't have the time to keep things tidy, and all sorts of unwanted stuff builds up in Serverpackages. Just about bearable in UT, but not in UT2003 with the much larger file sizes.

Comment

The answer for people who dont want to see it is play on default only servers.
                            I say no.

I don't want default only servers or your skins and models.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q
                              I say no.

I don't want default only servers or your skins and models.
                              If they could make skins/models dl's optional in 2k4, that would be perfect
                              People that don't want them, don't get them
                              People that do want them, get them

Comment

Working...
                              X