Beta Patch 3354 + 3355 Changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music:

People want something fixed for there gametype that has nothing to do with the another game type. To one it's broken, to the other its a feature beacause apparently the people than enjoy this particular game type have no class and should stop playing the game? By the reaction recieved I'm more inclined to think the opposite.

If it doesn't effect your game style why do you care so much. Obviously we just want something fixed or a particular feature that is clearly wanted by a large user base. Imaginos, do you work at Epic? Do you speak on there behalf? fuegerstef do you play 135 IG? Most likely you have but you probably were kicked off the servers for mouthing off. We like our game and we only want to improve it for everyone.

So far I've heard subpositions from a few but no clear answer from Epic on this topic. I hear insults from people that obviously know what is good and right for everyone and to hell with anyone that feels otherwise. I hear mostly polite rebuttles from those that seriously want this point addressed by a member of the staff at Epic. End the one sided flame war, and let our legitimate request be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by *Xx slyvyr xX*
      Music:

People want something fixed for there gametype that has nothing to do with the another game type. To one it's broken, to the other its a feature beacause apparently the people than enjoy this particular game type have no class and should stop playing the game? By the reaction recieved I'm more inclined to think the opposite.

If it doesn't effect your game style why do you care so much. Obviously we just want something fixed or a particular feature that is clearly wanted by a large user base. Imaginos, do you work at Epic? Do you speak on there behalf? fuegerstef do you play 135 IG? Most likely you have but you probably were kicked off the servers for mouthing off. We like our game and we only want to improve it for everyone.

So far I've heard subpositions from a few but no clear answer from Epic on this topic. I hear insults from people that obviously know what is good and right for everyone and to hell with anyone that feels otherwise. I hear mostly polite rebuttles from those that seriously want this point addressed by a member of the staff at Epic. End the one sided flame war, and let our legitimate request be addressed.

good points..but no one claims to work for Epic..we all have our opinions. I would like to see music pushable...I wouldn't mind if they fixed this bug you talk of...as I don't play any maps that are affected by this issue anyway. And if it were fixed i really doubt all maps would become overrun by ambient music. I do think epic is aware of this issue already as Dr Sin posted about it long ago several times.. I really dont see it changing in this installment.

Comment

Thank you Epic. :up:

Could you add support for multiple (at least 2) redirection servers in the 'server.ini'. You would add just another redirection URL to it. The server would check the first redirection server first than on the second, before it will send from the gameserver.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
        RedirectToURL[1]=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
        RedirectToURL[2]=http://myftpserver.com/ut2004/

This would make it more easy to redirect your own beta and alpha maps, mutators etc.

Comment

Originally posted by »Dan«[ger]
          Thank you Epic. :up:

Could you add support for multiple (at least 2) redirection servers in the 'server.ini'. You would add just another redirection URL to it. The server would check the first redirection server first than on the second, before it will send from the gameserver.

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
          RedirectToURL[1]=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
          RedirectToURL[2]=http://myftpserver.com/ut2004/

This would make it more easy to redirect your own beta and alpha maps, mutators etc.
          Thats a great Idea, this is something that I thought was actually part of the game when I was trying to setup 2 redirects for the PlusNet servers, I was a bit niffed when it wasn't allowed.

On another note, does any1 have hold of the latest beta? I would like to test the DDOM maps as I noticed some new mesh bugs that might have been missed.

Comment

Originally posted by eLJay
            Thats a great Idea, this is something that I thought was actually part of the game when I was trying to setup 2 redirects for the PlusNet servers, I was a bit niffed when it wasn't allowed.

On another note, does any1 have hold of the latest beta? I would like to test the DDOM maps as I noticed some new mesh bugs that might have been missed.
            Hmm, (iirc) this is what UnrealAdmin.org does but its still would be a nice option

And check PM's

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
              And check PM's
              pm teh patch to me too please :heart:

Comment

Would be great indeed

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by toniglandyl
                  pm teh patch to me too please :heart:
                  For testing purposes? prolly not ^^

kk, ill think about it

Comment

k thanks , i think:bored:

Comment

I'm beta tester of some mods yes, so I can test this patch too

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Hmm, (iirc) this is what UnrealAdmin.org does but its still would be a nice option
                        ...snip...
                        Many(?) people had problems with the redirection system of Unrealadmin.org, so they use gameserver.net directly as a redirection host. Also as far as I know, Unrealadmin.org uses a system of 'professional' hosts for their redirection network, with this solution every admin could redirect some private files while he would be able to maintain the redirection of the other custom maps from 'professional' hosts.

Comment

Hi yea, as Dan[ger] has already said theres problems with this redirect url, i actually gave it a try when I was setting my servers up, but it never worked.

Comment

Originally posted by *Xx slyvyr xX*
                            This isn't an issue about fixing a gametype problem. This is an attempt to legitimize a poor map authoring practice by lobbying for a change to the game to accommodate it. Since it's quite obvious my opinion doesn't represent Epic's in any way, by all means, PLEASE DO appeal to them directly in regard to this and get the official word. I doubt they would need to think about an answer very long. Restarting of the ambient sound heard at a respawn point is not a bug.

Mappers attempting to create actual atmosphere in a map with multiple spawn points will agree; this makes absolutely perfect sense. If you die near a brook with running water and spawn in forest, you shouldn't hear the running water until you come near it again. I am an amateur mapper at best, and even I can see there's a right way and a wrong way to use ambient sound. I can't help but wonder if this is actually Epic's subtle way of pointing it out to those that just don't get it.

Comment

I am not sure if ambient sound is the issue. My issue is maps with music that I can't shut off. Many maps I download have music that I either don't like or want. Despite the fact that music is turned off in my settings. I can still hear it and it is annoying.

Comment

When it comes down to it *Xx slyvyr xX*, if your having problems with the music in a map cause the mapper abused Ambient sound to go around Epic's decision dealing with the pushing of music files, take it out on the mapper. He's the one that willingly created a map that is subjected to the flaw you dislike so much, he's the problem.

Epic sometimes makes decisoins relating to the engine we might not agree with, but we have to abide by them, it is their game.

and I'm pretty sure Epic's decision relates to the possibility of piracy suits (the IRAA being so active in their cause). Maybe these mappers pumping out these **** maps can all get together and make a one time payment to the IRAA on behalf of epic so they can include pushable .ogg files without legal fear. While they are at it I'm sure 400k could be passed my way (since it would be chump change to what the IRAA would demand) to give me a liscence so I can have access to the source, which right now I would VERY much like to have for my programming endeavors... Alas....

Comment

Working...
                                X