Beta Patch 3354 + 3355 Changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    Demo controls are fantastic! Thank you Epic!!!
    Word.
    The new changes are definatly (err, don't know how to spell this) better than the 3354 (imo, of course)

And congrats to Rachel

Comment

yes pushable music...

Atleast fix the ambientsounds bug that restarts music on player respawns. Final patch, why leave so many ppl hanging on something that would be so easy to fix.

Comment

But what if u have mutators running, brightskin and so, or speciesstats or some other mutators with Utan

So u can be banned for using mutators

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by DMDL
          But what if u have mutators running, brightskin and so, or speciesstats or some other mutators with Utan

Comment

Greetz

Dragunov
            UTAN ‚AntiTCC

Comment

Cool.

Thx epic :up:

So you peeps do listen to our whining.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                UTAN ‚AntiTCC
                I know, but they can see it as cheating

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Greetz

Dragunov
                  What kind of **** are you guys making up in your messed-up minds again?

Comment

I know, but they can see it as cheating

Greetz

Dragunov
                    UTAN is only a list of banned players..it's not a monitor/checker of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosnos
                      About the dud rox/flak-bug

http://www.unrealnorth.com/viewtopic...how&which=4132
                      Oooh. I'm curious how he fixed it. I made a mutator like that too for UT2k3.

Comment

They better fix it ingame

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                          Oooh. I'm curious how he fixed it. I made a mutator like that too for UT2k3.
                          He made the rox/flax pass through the player, instead of blowing up.
                          It isn't something like the mutator you made IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
                            Absoloutly! Now all we need is to be able to skip to certain places on the demo!

Comment

Pushing oggs would result in public redirects being turned into targets of RIAA lawsuits since they are now distribution hubs for illegal music downloads. I for one prefer NOT to see that possibility come to pass. I would hope that public redir hosts regularly purge files that are uz2 compressed ogg or mp3 filetypes.

Also, they aren't needed for play. Period. If an author wants his original composition music included with his original map, he should set the packageflags to NOT allow pushing of the map itself and put verbage into the map's readme that he wishes it to be honored. He should make his map available only as a download with the included music.. Now I seriously doubt any map author would do the above, but if they demand the music be a part of the player's experience, they're mapping for the wrong platform.. The music can be turned off client side and there's nothing they can do about it.
                              If you want the music, download the map from its source.. (like Nalicity, a fine map library for one)

Comment

We don't need to bring ogg into this..
                                To much red tape...

Fix the ambient sounds from restarting on respawn and everything will be all hunky-dori, like it was in UT2003. A lot of ppl felt ripped off when they upgraded to ut2004 because of this silly bug! Many of our favorite UT2003 maps are now useless; future maps of this type will never have as much punch as the old ones.

You can't argue it, no need for comments about crappy embedded music. If you don't like maps of that nature fine. Nobody forces you to play them, besides their's ways to turn off ambient sounds client side. A great deal of ppl were ****** about this -- most gave up hope after 5 patches and no fix.

The console command Pausesounds is also effected as it will only last untill the next respawn.

It's not like I'm asking you guys to fix VOIP + EAX LOL
                                This shouldn't take very long to isolate and fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X