Beta Patch 3354 + 3355 Changelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senshu
    depends on who falls under your definition of "we"......
    err..well obviously everything asked for wasn't 'fixed'...but most of these changes are things that were posted just after the last beta..

Comment

Well after some extensive testing, I'm really glad to say that all DM maps are now free of the static mesh snag/sink bug.

The only two maps that still have the are AS-Glacier and AS-FallenCity, both are in basically non-crucial spots. But I've got my thread updated to point out what's left. Otheriwise the bugs been squashed from the game.

http://www.tournament.com/forums/sho...97#post2494597

All updated with well.. updates.

Comment

Amazing the amount of inspiration can come when your game wins several awards at the end of the year....

Great to hear all this. Thanks again Epic!!!

Originally posted by JohnDoe641
        Well after some extensive testing, I'm really glad to say that all DM maps are now free of the static mesh snag/sink bug.

The only two maps that still have the are AS-Glacier and AS-FallenCity, both are in basically non-crucial spots. But I've got my thread updated to point out what's left. Otheriwise the bugs been squashed from the game.

http://www.tournament.com/forums/sho...97#post2494597

All updated with well.. updates.

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
          Demo controls are fantastic! Thank you Epic!!!

Comment

Im begging for answers Epic!

Only because it irks me to know theres flaws that you guys will never address or may never solve.

I like the changes you guys have made. And now that you guys are giving plenty of feedback on the new patch I would like to see if you could give me your input on a few minor bugs I think are in the game...

1) http://briefcase.yahoo.com/the5ourc3

The link above is a demo(under My Documents) of a match that I experienced a weird camera actor bug which happened to allow my character to spin on axis after the game ended. But right as the announcer finished counting the last second my team-mate hit me with trident rockets simultaneously. Perhaps the camera couldnt set itself to my guy so it set itself to itself? Just asking you to look into it just to see if its a fixable bug

2) I noticed when you throw your translocator and then use the camera function on it to see where your translocator is then go back to the translocator with the key that pulls it out causes your crosshair position to be re-centered instead of back to the original location of your crosshair before you threw the translocator. Bug or feature? I'd like to see this fixed this since sometimes there are hard spots to get to that would be easier to translocate to if the xhair didnt re-center every single time I switched out of camera mode.

3) Would it be possible to not only have HUD scaling ability but also Weapon scaling bility? I like being able to see my weapons I have but having them smaller than they are by default would be nice. And I noticed that centered weapons look crooked too. Bug or feature? If you would be able to atleast give me some sort of answer on these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zcubed
              I think right click is already assigned to "view from own camera". I would rather keep that functionality and just have to click a few extra times.
              Ermm, middle mouse button , i was tired when i posted that
              Honestly, any key would do as it could just be remapped anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                never again can we say they don't listen.......
                Exactly... I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent
                  You could send images that infringe copyrights in texture files
                  Almost any method of data transmission can be used to send illegal material, its really not in Epics hands.
                  so true...mappers have been embedding ambient sounds, which are basically level music, because it is pushable. there is no reason to think that these uax files have any less illlegal content that an ogg file would..

Comment

My Idea about making it pushable is that it could be an option on the user end. Users who have a fast connection can check an option which downloads the ogg, while people with slower connections or that don't listen to music can uncheck it. Simple as that.

Comment

I think the problem with OGG files is that they aren't a format that's native to UT2k4. They also don't have UCL files to go with them. If the current pushing system relies on the former properties, making it possible to push OGG files might be a LOT of work.

Comment

.umx > .ogg

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
                          .umx > .ogg
                          Well UMX is a good way to make sure the musicians won't be adding any echo or ambient sounds to their music.

Comment

About the dud rox/flak-bug

http://www.unrealnorth.com/viewtopic...how&which=4132

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                              I'm guessing it's approximately 9% slower...

Anyway, yes, it'd be nice if there was a way in demo playback to start out at a certain point. Heck, even a way to fastforward up to a certain point would be nice.
                              I hope this new bug gets fixed.

The new demo controls are great but some jump-to command is needed even more now that 8x has been disable. Even if not a precise jump to time then some kind of jump to 10% or 20% further in the demo would be nice.

Comment

What about putting an ACCEPT or APPLY button on the server filters

Comment

Working...
                                X