Beta Patch Win 3353, 3354, 3355, & Linux 3354/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
    " Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin." OMG stop firing those SPMA's before the world will explode!
    lol!:haha: :up:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Beta Patch 3353

Originally posted by JohnDoe641
      Nope, I checked it out as soon as I had read about it. Irondust, DM-Goliath, DOM-ScortchedEarth have been fixed. Yet Compressed, Ironic, and Flux2 still have static mesh sink whole bug.

Maybe those ones aren't fixable, but they worked on it, that's all that matters right now.
      Can you point out some easily reproduceable spots in one of those maps where the problem still occurs?

Thanks....

Steve Polge

Comment

What exactly is this "sink in static meshes" bug o_O

First time ive heard off it and i never had any problem like that... :weird:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beta Patch 3353

Originally posted by StevePolge
          Can you point out some easily reproduceable spots in one of those maps where the problem still occurs?

Thanks....

Steve Polge
          Absolutely Steve.

Here's one link that may be of help:
          http://www.tournament.com/forums/sho...hreadid=142325

When me and Will did the demo's I believe that I showed him the Compressed spots and the spots from Flux2.

I'll update either this post with better pictures or the tcom thread with pictures plus demo's with the 3353beta patch. I'll disable utcomp and all other mutators to make sure that you guys can see them.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Beta Patch 3353

Maybe those ones aren't fixable, but they worked on it, that's all that matters right now.
            They might be fixable. Obviously it's a problem that has to be fixed on a per-static mesh basis, and Epic probably just didn't know about 'm. (this is the first time I heard of a bug like that in Flux2 too)

Originally posted by Zoeff
            What exactly is this "sink in static meshes" bug o_O

First time ive heard off it and i never had any problem like that... :weird:
            If you haven't installed the new version yet, run a dedicated server with DM-1on1-IronDust on it on your PC. Once the server's fired up, open your UT2k4 client and connect to your fresh, new, lagless (it's your own PC!) server. Go to the linkgun (underneath the 100a) and walk towards the lift leading to the 100a in a straight line. You'll feel lagged while you're walking there, because... well, um... it looks as if your client thinks there's holes in the path. If you stand still on one you'll drop down.

These glitches are VERY hard to find on Compressed and Ironic (I didn't even know about the Flux2 one) simply because the sinkable areas are very small.

Comment

Nothing really that interesting except for the UTV update and the server performance improvements.

Comment

Are the loading speeds really improved?

Comment

EAX + VOIP =

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beta Patch 3353

Originally posted by Boksha
                    They might be fixable. Obviously it's a problem that has to be fixed on a per-static mesh basis, and Epic probably just didn't know about 'm. (this is the first time I heard of a bug like that in Flux2 too)

If you haven't installed the new version yet, run a dedicated server with DM-1on1-IronDust on it on your PC. Once the server's fired up, open your UT2k4 client and connect to your fresh, new, lagless (it's your own PC!) server. Go to the linkgun (underneath the 100a) and walk towards the lift leading to the 100a in a straight line. You'll feel lagged while you're walking there, because... well, um... it looks as if your client thinks there's holes in the path. If you stand still on one you'll drop down.

These glitches are VERY hard to find on Compressed and Ironic (I didn't even know about the Flux2 one) simply because the sinkable areas are very small.
                    1v1Irondust is one of the maps sthat has been fixed! It's no longer the horror it was prior to this betapatch. Buth yeah anyone who hasn't patched up yet to the beta can best see this problem in ID, it and ScortchedEarth were the worst maps for it besides Ironic.

If it's a per statis mesh problem, than I will provide as many screen shots and demos as needed when and if Epic requests it.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                      Nothing really that interesting except for the UTV update and the server performance improvements.
                      Also it seems to play better,dont know if thats just me though..

But this beta patch is all good imho..

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beta Patch 3353

Absolutely Steve.

Here's one link that may be of help:
                        http://www.tournament.com/forums/sho...hreadid=142325

When me and Will did the demo's I believe that I showed him the Compressed spots and the spots from Flux2.

I'll update either this post with better pictures or the tcom thread with pictures plus demo's with the 3353beta patch. I'll disable utcomp and all other mutators to make sure that you guys can see them.
                        Handiest link evar

Comment

I HAVE A SUGGESTION:

Allow people, while in a vehicle (most glaringly the SPMA), to look below the point their weapon can aim. If they fire while looking below this point, the shot will be fired at the longitudinal point; but it's a real annoyance right now driving the SPMA because your view is constantly being jerked up.

Comment

Make it so we can jump to a point in time in the demo

Comment

...or at least give us a reliable AVI export for Onslaught.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeBee
                                Make it so we can jump to a point in time in the demo
                                :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X