No announcement yet.

Beta Patch Win 3353, 3354, 3355, & Linux 3354/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to the posting of the link from our site for the 3355beta patch in a public forum, by a thoughtless user here, the link is being removed along with the files.

Sorry to have to take these measures, but it was for SERVER/ADMIN testing. I pay for the site/bandwidth, please do not abuse it further.

Comment

I'm sorry thought i was helping...

If you didn't want that download avaliable to the general public, you shouldn't have made it public.....

Comment

LOL, it's ok, just gotta watch the bandwidth. It's public in the sense you have to register to get it, but I have a lot of friends who also run servers, some for gaming ISP's. I tend to be a bit of a focal point for the latest stuff for testing.

Yes you can find it using google, fairly easily, but pointing out a Clan website in a major public forum is not really the correct etiqutte (although the extra site traffic is always nice :heart: )

It is still a beta, for admins/server testing (not really for general release, hence, beta) and as such, always used at your own risk. I always update the security on my servers to allow the latest clients to test with, however, you will find alot of servers will stop you connecting as the server security will not recognise the client versions.

I appreciate no harm was meant......but the downloaders could at least post feedback on the patch & a note of thanks, instead of just leeching the file and leaving.

I will have serious doubts about having an "open" download for forthcoming patches, but maybe.........

Comment

Originally posted by frisp
          LOL, it's ok, just gotta watch the bandwidth. It's public in the sense you have to register to get it, but I have a lot of friends who also run servers, some for gaming ISP's. I tend to be a bit of a focal point for the latest stuff for testing.

Yes you can find it using google, fairly easily, but pointing out a Clan website in a major public forum is not really the correct etiqutte (although the extra site traffic is always nice :heart: )

It is still a beta, for admins/server testing (not really for general release, hence, beta) and as such, always used at your own risk. I always update the security on my servers to allow the latest clients to test with, however, you will find alot of servers will stop you connecting as the server security will not recognise the client versions.

I appreciate no harm was meant......but the downloaders could at least post feedback on the patch & a note of thanks, instead of just leeching the file and leaving.

I will have serious doubts about having an "open" download for forthcoming patches, but maybe.........
          I did download the beta from your site. I am sorry that seems to have been an issue. I am glad it was available at your site and was able to download it.

As for posting feedback on the patch. I would do so here in this forum as it is read by Epic. It also came to mind that I am not a member of your clan and really have no purpose to post in your forums.

I don't know how or by who the beta files are posted and then left to be found by google. But this problem would be avoided if the beta was more widely available. Nalicity, unrealplayground, and a number of other sites devoted to the unreal games should have access to the beta and make it available for download.

Thanks for having the beta available on your site, and I am sorry it has become a problem.

Comment

:up: No prob, just trying to make sure my wallet doen't get hit too hard

The reason I asked for feedback (they're are Public & registered forums) is so I can collate & post feedback to the UT2004 Servers mailing list. Or if you prefer, post feedback on www.unrealadmin.org

Any constructive feedback it good, as those guys, or other people like myself, will make sure it's posted back to the developers.

Comment

Well... I had to revert to 3339 because some configurations of AntiTCC kick because it thinks the files have been modified... So I had to install 3339 again.

Comment

Kerio Personal Firewall (4.1.2) + beta patch 3355 = freezing pc
                Still lasted working version is 3323. :-(

Comment

Shake, make sure you have setup access permissions for UT2k4.....A lot of firewalls freeze it if you haven't done so.

Comment

Originally posted by Cafe
                    Its a problem with windows/sound card audio drivers, your primary audio driver is being used by UT. I dont believe it has anything to do with EAX(but it could, dont even use eax it causes acclusion, lowering the audio accuracy), if you want all UT audio to work, only open UT. That means no ventrillo, teamspeak, winamp etc. That should reserve the audio driver for UT. (try checking/unchecking system driver as well, maybe its just a conflict with something that loads with windows...)
                    Yes I know I tried all of that and nothing works. HW or HW+EAX cause the problem. Software mode works fine and in Linux it works fine. But Linux only has the software setting.

On a side note the UT beta patch for Linux works great.

Comment

Originally posted by cigawoot
                      Well... I had to revert to 3339 because some configurations of AntiTCC kick because it thinks the files have been modified... So I had to install 3339 again.
                      This is one reason not to apply the latest beta's. However, I do always try to update security on my server to allow beta testing (not always sucessful :P), but you'll only be able to connect to those server s with safegame/antiTCC where the server admins take the time to do this. Hopefully this release will be a final, and the updated security will be released for all.

No sign of the linux 3355 release yet though :sour:

Comment

Here's another thing that should be fixed:

Please, Epic, for the love of God, make the "No Auto Taunts" feature work.

PLEASE.

I'm soooooo sick and tired of idiot teammates saying "Same Team" when they walk in my firing line in a team game.

I have had to turn off all taunting to not hear this over and over.

Sooooooo annoying.

Comment

That's because "Same Team" isn't an auto taunt.

Comment

Originally posted by [6pk]Shambler
                            Shake, make sure you have setup access permissions for UT2k4.....A lot of firewalls freeze it if you haven't done so.
                            I try to run ut2004 in window mode - kerio show alert due to change application binaries - but change of ut2004 does not provide it. I've added rules for ut2004 too.

Comment

l've found with the A64, that running in Windowed mode causes crashes to happen a lot less frequently.
                              I played for about 3 hours last night with the beta patch, and it didn't crash!

Comment

Problem with patch since 3339 and KPF is described at http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=...7e9f#msg_15873 too.

Comment

Working...
                                X