No announcement yet.

Beta Patch Win 3353, 3354, 3355, & Linux 3354/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off: The patch works well. Thank you Epic.

I think the default UTAN configuration is good, but I have a few questions.

1. WHO makes the final decision on a global ban?

2. How is that decision determined? Demo or ?

3. Why is UTAN needed if Epic can ban at the master server?

I am guessing that the answer to #1 is UTAN because Epic doesn't have time or whatever and if that is true they trust the UTAN directors. That would also answer #3 so if my assumptions are true I still would like an answer to #2.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by WileyPeyote

1. WHO makes the final decision on a global ban?
      UTAN Admins

azazel
      Bry
      Cruicky
      Guyver1
      Limited
      QuikShot
      Wormbo

2. How is that decision determined? Demo or ?
      Demo/AntiTCC log/Safegame log

3. Why is UTAN needed if Epic can ban at the master server?
      UTAN is needed to get the offender list.

Comment

Thanks...that's what I figured. If Epic trusts the UTAN people, so do I. I don't know why anyone would be complaining unless they were an offender:up:

Comment

Originally posted by olobley
          I can't believe how apathetic people are...

Google it

It might take you until the 10th odd link to hit gold but seriously...
          Now there is the response of the rear end of an elephant. Yes it stinks! Someone needs a bath as well.

Stop being a jerk.

What a dufus! Get a clue here bud. If you don't know then save server space and don't post. The forums don't need this kind of attitude. People come here to either get help or provide help. Try to keep that in mind next time you post. Thanks.

This concludes our attitude adjustment.

Comment

Did you not read the previous posts?
            I really can't be bothered with a flame war, but, which part of 'this isn't for general release' did you not get?
            I see this thread, figure that they're not going to post a direct link to it and google it...what'dya know, but the 9th or 10th result turns up what I'm looking for...
            Life would be so much better if people used the tools that are made available to them...

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst
              Now there is the response of the rear end of an elephant. Yes it stinks! Someone needs a bath as well.

Stop being a jerk.

What a dufus! Get a clue here bud. If you don't know then save server space and don't post. The forums don't need this kind of attitude. People come here to either get help or provide help. Try to keep that in mind next time you post. Thanks.

This concludes our attitude adjustment.
              It's true though, if people just took advantage of the all knowing google, they could get what they wanted. You have just as big of an attitude as the guy you quoted that post from :P

I'll save people a trip to google though
              http://www.unrealgamerz.org/

*HINT* Register up and hit the downloads section

Originally posted by Frogger
              [B]only on a AntiTCC/Safegame server. UTAN does not do any checks of anything but your guid and ip. This patch incorporates only UTAN's dynamic list of banned players, not any checks on any of your files. UTAN is not the same thing as AntiTCC/Safegame
              I give up. I was trying to say is that a kick due to AntiTCC could result in a UTAN Global ban. But my communication skillz aren't that great, so I won't try to explain it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by cigawoot
                I give up. I was trying to say is that a kick due to AntiTCC could result in a UTAN Global ban. But my communication skillz aren't that great, so I won't try to explain it anymore.
                i thought that's what you meant...but still getting a kick by AntiTCC does not get you automaticially added to the list that this patch incorporates. The logs and demos are reviewed (each of them) by the UTAN admin(s) prior to enforcing a global ban. These people know the false positives as we were discussing (den_p1p0-Hack)...

hope i make sense...you may already understand...just trying to clarify..

Comment

Did you not read the previous posts?
                  I really can't be bothered with a flame war, but, which part of 'this isn't for general release' did you not get?
                  I see this thread, figure that they're not going to post a direct link to it and google it...what'dya know, but the 9th or 10th result turns up what I'm looking for...
                  Life would be so much better if people used the tools that are made available to them...
                  It seems cigawoot posted a link.

Guess that wasn't to hard now was it? Perhaps for you it was however. Talk about pathetic.

Just a thought though. If this 'isn't for general release'.

THEN WHY WOULD IT BE ON GOOGLE YOU MORON?

Hmmm. Perhaps it is for general release? Your still a moron and thanks for NOT helping.

Comment

*sigh*
                    Did you _read_ any of the previous posts in this thread?
                    The patch is a Beta, a preview and thus not for general release.
                    Did you even _look_ at the google link I posted?
                    Everything ends up on google.

Comment

please move on..

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:40 AM
                      To:
                      Subject: [ut2004servers] Beta patch 3355

This patch is currently available for windows clients and servers.

Please mirror it. This patch is not intended for public distribution, since it is a beta. What this means is - feel free to distribute it informally to anyone that will help test it, but please don't post it on public web sites. ...............

Comment

On an unrelated note, have they addressed the Athlon 64/NX/NVidia card issue?

Comment

On an unrelated note, have they addressed the Athlon 64/NX/NVidia card issue?
                          Do you mean the BSOD when exiting the game?

Comment

I find that with the 66.93 drivers that yes, I get a BSOD on exit (unless I flush the cache from the console before I exit).
                            I currently run the 61.77 drivers, and I get the odd freeze/fatal error, and I've switched the NX 'feature' off, such that I only get about 2 hangs in an evening!
                            Will try with the 3355 patch tonight and let you know!

Comment

everyone I know that is running Athlon64 is still doing a flush/exit.. don't see it listed in any changelogs..

Comment

Hmm, I'm running an Athlon 64.

I installed 3355, the energy core fix that was supposed to occur never did. The enegy core still shows up on the hud in Protocore when I played it on Dallas is a Dry Lobster. It might be because the server also has to be updated, I don't know.

Although, the beta patch didn't break my installation or cause anything funny. I haven't noticed any improvements though, so I dunno...

Comment

Working...
                                X