Beta Patch Win 3353, 3354, 3355, & Linux 3354/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Loric-
    Even though there probably is a valid reason to have a fixed size static array allocation, it looks like it should have been dealt with a good old malloc ! :bulb: :up:
    Well, you could use that but you'd first have to find how long each row you're going to read is, and then actually read it (not to mention you'd have to delete and then re-allocate the memory, which may slow down the entire process). That in my opinion is too much hassle for such a tiny problem. You have to keep in mind that programmers are usually lazy and go the path of least resistance that does the job.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
      No.
      Why not?

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by DMDL
        Why not?

Greetz

Dragunov
        becuase this patch is a myth!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMDL
          Why not?

Greetz

Dragunov
          Because beta patches are not intended for general public use.

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
            Because beta patches are not intended for general public use.
            I've gotten a copy of pretty much every other beta patch....

Comment

Originally posted by 0verclocked
              I've gotten a copy of pretty much every other beta patch....
              that doesn't change what they are intended for..

Comment

To me, most of the "release" patches have been somewhat beta anyway

Comment

I just tested to see if I still get stuck in the lava on Deck17 and I do. I get stuck if I try to strafe jump out if I jump forward I can get out this was tested offline with god mode enabled. demo

Comment

Originally posted by EX1LE
                    I just tested to see if I still get stuck in the lava on Deck17 and I do. I get stuck if I try to strafe jump out if I jump forward I can get out this was tested offline with god mode enabled. demo
                    I think you're not supposed to be able to strafejump out of water. You can't do it while swimming backwards either if I remember correctly.
                    Remember: you're not jumping, you're hoisting yourself up. Pressing the jumpbutton doesn't have anything to do with it either.
                    Anyway, I take it that at least it's consistent now?

Comment

I just tested again and I can strafe jump out if I build up "momentum" first I only get stuck if I am right at the edge.

Comment

just say no to beta patches

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                          Even though there probably is a valid reason to have a fixed size static array allocation, it looks like it should have been dealt with a good old malloc ! :bulb: :up:
                          realloc(3) ? :weird:

Nice to hear from Epic, even if I'm not concerned by many of the fixes

Comment

btw what was the static mesh import bug anyways

Comment

ATTN DrSin

Patch 3339 caused some problems with Kerio firewall - namely, the game would completely lock up hard with the firewall installed on the same machine. The problem is easy enough to replicate, just install Kerio firewall and click "Join Game" in UT2k4. A reboot is required to shut off the game.

I have tried this both windowed and full-screen. There are no "create a rule for this program" pop-ups that want me to block/allow outgoing connections to the master server. Even with the firewall shut off, the game still crashes. Kerio has to be shutdown and uninstalled before things will work properly.

Again, this began happening with patch 3339. All other patches (except this new beta, haven't tested it) have had no problems with Kerio.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=...a53d59c80472a5

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...ighlight=Kerio

Even if this doesn't get fixed, thank you for supporting your game.

Comment

A lot of people have this patch, and if u ask for a link, they just say no

Greetz

Dragunov

Comment

Working...
                                X