Factor VIII Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factor VIII Recruiting

Are you looking for a team that actually institutes team play and focuses on polishing your skills? Do you not only want to win, but most importantly want to have fun playing your favorite game online with good friends? Do you treat players with respect, and in turn want the respect you deserve?

Perhaps Factor VIII Contingency Online Gaming Guild is the place for you. Our guild only accepts mature gamers who value teamwork, skill, competing, and above all, our commitment to each other. We are based in the United States and Canada. We have been running strong since our inception in 2002. Factor VIII is funded solely by its members, which we find, ensures a tight knit team no matter what game they play or team that they participate with. Factor VIII Contingency constantly strives to maintain our original mission statement; “To provide a positive online gaming environment for all.”

Factor VIII Contingency institutes a structured gaming environment, which we feel is an integral part of enhancing the entire online gaming experience. The average ages of our members are early to mid 30s. As a result Factor VIII has adopted the philosophy of "Life first, Gaming second" With this in mind, we have become more than just the pixilated representations on the battlefield; we are comrades off the field of battle as well.

Factor VIII, or F8, currently runs servers for Call of Duty, Red Orchestra, and Unreal Tournament 2004. We offer our members a great deal!

www.factor8guild.com web site to be your home on the web for news and downloads.
    • Pass worded members only areas that contain detailed gaming information and help from
    our members for our members.
    • POP3 email for each member.
    • Our very own and secure Team Speak server on a T1 line to talk to your team mates without
    interrupting your gaming experience to type messages to each other.
    (A microphone headset is necessary)
    • Download custom maps and patches from the Factor VIII Server (if available) and forget
    waiting in line.
    • Dedicated Game server for your online enjoyment that are policed by our team Lieutenants
    and Round Table staff members.
    • Controlled and secure forums to share information and touch base with your team mates.

We are currently looking for players of ALL skill levels, as attitude, teamwork and respect come first. We do hold frequent, comprehensive training sessions that are not mandatory to attend, but you will find many "regulars" through out the team to share knowledge and tactics on a competitive level. If stepping up competition a notch is your forte, the F8 UT2004 Fire Team and C.o.D. U.O. Fire Team hold practices on set nights to compete in scrimmages and TWL Ladder matches. The RO team is currently building to compete in the RO ladders.

If you want a team that is based in respect, teamwork, tenacity, and a positive gaming philosophy, please feel free to stop by and fill out an application.

We look forward to meeting our new friends and prospective team mates in this virtual universe.

“Adaptation Through Adversity”

You can easily fill out an application at our web site:
    http://www.factor8guild.com/
    Any applications will receive a response within 48 hours to schedule an interview if applicable.
    If you have any questions to help you decide if Factor VIII is a place for you, you can always email the Round Table staff @ roundtable@factor8guild.com

UT2004 Server IP: 69.28.220.207:7777

Darn that whole maturity thing keeps me right out.

Comment

Originally posted by nny-jerk
      Darn that whole maturity thing keeps me right out.
      That's good!

Comment

Come back to Deathball, Factor VIII

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginos
          Come back to Deathball, Factor VIII
          Were you on that server (can't remember the name) when a bunch of F8 folks showed up for Deathball a month or so back? That was an absolute blast - I'd certainly be up for it again.

F8 does play around with other gametypes, including CTF, Assault, and IG DM, but our only UT ladder team plays ONS (though, as Kyril mentioned, we're gearing up for RO). We've just started reinvigorating that team, getting some fresh blood and getting more serious about practices, and it would be great to have other new folks interested in helping build the team!

Comment

I wasn't there for the gathering you mention, but wish I was..

The last I'd seen anyone was back in the UT2003 days when your clan was still in the Deathball League.. There was Fleury14>VIII<, Namtaru_VIII, TekMethod_VIII, PureBooYah_VIII.. Everyone vanished all of a sudden.

You guys are welcome to pile onto either of the BuD servers anytime.. I heartily suggest you give Gibball a try as well. For extra laughs put it into lowgrav.

Comment

Yeah, that DeathBall nite was a blast, we'll definately have to do it again real soon

Comment

We're game anytime you guys want to get it on.. well, except for during work or the SuperBowl..

If any of your guys are up for coming into the league, pop into http://www.lagfrag.com and choose the North American or Euro league. Players can sign up as a free agent and get picked up by an existing clan or better yet - get a VIII team registered!

Comment

:up: Man, I haven't played Deathball in quite some time! Mostly, it's been Red Orchestra every night when I get home.

Comment

FYI, I posted a cross-reference to this thread in the beginner's forum since we accept people of all skill levels.

Comment

Come check us out!

Comment

Originally posted by suibhne
                        Assault
                        Yo, stop by #KiA on etg anytime. If you have an assault team, we need to get a scrim going.

Comment

Some of us play a lot of Assault (like Slayer, above), but we don't have an organized Assault team.

Comment

I wouldn't say "A lot" but I do play it every FragBU

Comment

Factor VIII is putting together an open Vehicle CTF session on Sunday evening at 9pm Eastern, for our guild members who haven't played that gametype before and also for anyone else who's interested in getting to know us. If you've been looking around for a clan and our announcement above piqued your interest, this would be a great time to check out our server and meet some of the guild!

vCTF @ the Factor VIII server, ut2004://69.28.220.207:7777
                              Sunday, Feb. 20th, 9pm Eastern

Comment

Working...
                              X