Speaking of stats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of stats...

Why, oh why, are the official Atari servers not running stats?!

Most likely because that causes flame wars on the server itself sinds people start to argue that a kill or some stolen kill wasnt right or something. Thats why i never activated stats on any of my servers.

This is only IMO tho.

Comment

lol... stats are for fun... nothing else!

I filder out non-stat servers... much cooler to watch a good game in digits after some pure ownage! :up:

Comment

What I do whenever I play on any servers online (whether they be stats-enabled or not) is to turn off chat entirely and ignore any other text messages onscreen. But sometimes when I play teamgames I pay attention to comments from my teammates, which of course sometimes makes me remember why I ignored the text chat in the first place. OMFG!! I'm shooteng teh powarcore but nothing iz happening. PLZ HLP!!!

Comment

We don't run stats on official servers so that people new to the game have the least amount of hassle in joining a server. In other words, they don't have to go to the settings menu and setup a user name or password.

Comment

Originally posted by War_Tourist
            We don't run stats on official servers so that people new to the game have the least amount of hassle in joining a server. In other words, they don't have to go to the settings menu and setup a user name or password.
            Well... its a good way to introduce 'em to the stats... instead of confusing them when they try to join another server... :bulb:

Comment

How long has Epic been running stats (UT2k3, UT2k4, heck, maybe even UT99 - I was not tracking stats back then....) and they JUST decided this was necessary to do?

Comment

Working...
              X