spinning around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spinning around

sometimes when i'm playing my guy looks stright up and spins around for no reason. I have a
    Logitech® Click!™ Optical Mouse

anyone else have this problem any fixes?

thanks

try plugging it into the PS2 port instead of the USB... It should have come with a little green adaptor. I know that fixes a bug in some Logitech mice.

Comment

Re: spinning around

Originally posted by Freezer1977
      sometimes when i'm playing my guy looks stright up and spins around for no reason. I have a

thanks
      Have you tried using another mouse to see if the problem still persists....if it doesn't then it is likely one of two things:
      1. driver problem
      2. the mouse is just no good for this kind of thing ut2k4
      probably some othe reasons too but am too lazy to come up with them right now

but if the problem persists with another (different mouse model), then the problem is likely elsewhere and not specific to that mouse

Comment

This happens with a bunch of other mice as well. The answer tech support gave me for my old mouse that did it was that effectively, the mouse is losing track of where the laser is, and it just goes haywire.

I don't know if there is a fix for your brand in particular, but in my case I fixed it by playing at a higher sensitivity, requiring less mouse movement and therefore less tracking failure.

It's a pain in the butt, isn't it?

Comment

my old mouse used to do it quite a bit in UT. . . dont how teeling you that is helping tho

Comment

might be some pubes on the sensor, give it a wipe :P

Comment

I used to have that problem until I got ****** off and smashed the mouse against my desk. Now I have a new one. I have a problem with mine though, If I try to move it too fast in one direction it wont move at all :down:

Comment

That is often a problem caused by your mousing surface and not the mouse itself. Make sure your mousing surface is not reflective. Glass sucks. Shiny sucks. Black is good.

Comment

Re: spinning around

Originally posted by Freezer1977
                  thanks
                  90% of all optical mice can't handle fast movement.
                  If you're playing games, NEVER use an optical mouse that isn't made specifically for playing games.
                  In other words: get a Logitech MX or a Razer mouse. Some of the more serious Microsoft mice work well too.

Originally posted by Folk
                  That is often a problem caused by your mousing surface and not the mouse itself. Make sure your mousing surface is not reflective. Glass sucks. Shiny sucks. Black is good.
                  If that Click!™ mouse is anything like the other non-MX Logitech mice, the surface has nothing to do with it. My brother bought a Logitech Pilot Optical once, and it went crazy when you moved it from one side of the desktop to the other in less than a second. That was on a rough textured black cutting mat.

Comment

get one of these bad boys, never had such smooth movement

(creative 5000)

Comment

I had the same problem... I tried changing drivers, the report rate, different surfaces, in-game mouse settings, etc.... Nothing worked.

The only solution that worked for me was to get a new mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                        get one of these bad boys, never had such smooth movement
                        Nice looking mouse. I didn't know Creative sold mice!

I'm looking to replace my excellent Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 that has seen one too many battles. I wish Microsoft still made them. :sour:

Comment

yeah i hadn't seen any Creative mice before that one either, they have an older range (3000) which is only 400dpi . . . they also have the 5000 as wireless but i got wired, too many bad stories about wireless mice

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                            Nice looking mouse. I didn't know Creative sold mice!

I'm looking to replace my excellent Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 that has seen one too many battles. I wish Microsoft still made them. :sour:
                            I got an mx510 to replace my good ol' Explorer 3.0 and I've had it since they released them. So I was sad to let it go, but I'm more than happy with the mx510's performance. It is so much more accurate than the 3.0 ever was. It's almost like night and day. D:

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                              yeah i hadn't seen any Creative mice before that one either, they have an older range (3000) which is only 400dpi . . . they also have the 5000 as wireless but i got wired, too many bad stories about wireless mice
                              OK, I just ordered one. If it sucks, I'm hunting you down.

Comment

Working...
                              X