The Apple Declaration of Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: my prayers be answered!

My quoting the guy that's doing the Mac port isn't worth looking at? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
      I would understand why Epic could develop the editor under Linux (many software developpers work on Linux based platforms). But on Mac?
      What exactly would be the obvious advantages of spending their valuable time developping a tool on a platform that only a tiny fragment of their customers use?

Get real. They have enough trouble making it run on the PC already.
      Because lots of 3D artists are already working on the Mac, and it's a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
        What exactly would be the obvious advantages of spending their valuable time developping a tool on a platform that only a tiny fragment of their customers use?
        Usability.
        Have you used Photoshop (you are a skinner so you probably have) on a PC?
        I have... ...that's why I do ALL my Textures on a MAC and shift them to the PC via Network.
        Photoshop for PC has to be the crappiest port of a program ever.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef

Photoshop for PC has to be the crappiest port of a program ever.
          The PC Photoshop's 'multiple document interface' is one of many things that completely ruins the program. That is, having all of your toolbars and document windows INSIDE of another large window. This steals your screen real-estate to a remarkable degree, since you can't see through the Photoshop default window.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
            The PC Photoshop's 'multiple document interface' is one of many things that completely ruins the program. That is, having all of your toolbars and document windows INSIDE of another large window. This steals your screen real-estate to a remarkable degree, since you can't see through the Photoshop default window.
            THere are many more things that ruin Photoshop on PC... ...I am playing online currently (mapchange). Details maybe tommorow...

Comment

Re: The Apple Declaration of Independence

Originally posted by FlakDino454
              Unreal Engine 3 will have mac and linux editors as well as the normal windows one. i think this is because Mac OS 10.3.6 finally has enough power to run it!
              It has nothing to do with power/lack of power/etc. in the OS, rather, it has to do with developer support (which is fueled by money) or lack thereof. The Mac gaming community has been on the receiving end of the shaft for many years. If there had been a Mac editor for UT I am sure that I would have entered the world of map making. Oh well. Whatever.

Comment

Re: Re: The Apple Declaration of Independence

Originally posted by LittleDonny
                If there had been a Mac editor for UT I am sure that I would have entered the world of map making. Oh well. Whatever.
                Me too. It's never too late, though, so that might start to be a side-project of mine when the UE3 games start coming out.

Comment

Working...
                X