The Apple Declaration of Independence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apple Declaration of Independence

Unreal Engine 3 will have mac and linux editors as well as the normal windows one. i think this is because Mac OS 10.3.6 finally has enough power to run it!

Re: my prayers be answered!

Originally posted by FlakDino454
    Unreal Engine 3 will have mac and linux editors as well as the normal windows one. i think this is because Mac OS 10.3.6 finally has enough power to run it!
    LOL.

Comment

I must admit that I can't tell the differences between MacOs X software patches. At all. And it's had more than enough power to run it for a while, although it's hardly a well-coded gem on the PC, let alone run in VPC on the Mac.

But yes, I'm hoping for a Mac editor. Ryan Gordon has already started porting the UE3 engine; maybe he'll include the editor this time.

Comment

Re: Re: my prayers be answered!

Originally posted by The5thviruz
        LOL.
        Indeed.

Comment

Sad prayers

Comment

Hopefully there will be a fully functional "ucc-bin" so I can stop using WINE to compile unrealscript.

EDIT: The above is for Linux

Comment

Originally posted by k|Tex
              Sad prayers

if you had a mac and no editor you'd be on your knees and doing blood sacrifices for the editor.

Comment

Re: my prayers be answered!

Originally posted by FlakDino454
                Can you link me to this madness?

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                  Can you link me to this madness?
                  well, it's not worth it, but:

The link that is totally stupid and not worth looking at but has religious significants for mac users

Comment

placebo: we'll look back on this day and remember: "That's when it happened. That's when we achieved our Macintosh Independence."

that is why i changed the name of the thread to what it is now.

Comment

Okay, yeah, I found it on beyondunreal when I googled "Unreal Engine 3" mac editor. Cool. That'll be something to look forward to, if my measly G5 and X800 will be remotely able to run UE3 games/the editor. :downcast:

Comment

Re: Re: Re: my prayers be answered!

Originally posted by placebo
                        Okay, yeah, I found it on beyondunreal when I googled "Unreal Engine 3" mac editor. Cool. That'll be something to look forward to, if my measly G5 and X800 will be remotely able to run UE3 games/the editor. :downcast:
                        lucky for me im selling this crappy eMac for a souped up powerbook w/ all of my savings from the past year.

Mac OS Tiger
                        2 gigs of mem
                        biggest graphics card apple puts into its comps
                        etc, etc

it'll work like a BEAST!

Comment

Actually, if Epic hadnt build they're editors in Visual Basic (mostly), there'd have been Mac and Linux support for the editor long ago. I'd like to see Epic do it's own ports aswell, perhapse under a publisher like Aspyre or MacSoftGames, it's always better when ports are done in-house.

Comment

I would understand why Epic could develop the editor under Linux (many software developpers work on Linux based platforms). But on Mac?
                            What exactly would be the obvious advantages of spending their valuable time developping a tool on a platform that only a tiny fragment of their customers use?

Get real. They have enough trouble making it run on the PC already.

Comment

Mac people really love them and I think the Mini-Mac is cool but I agree more time should be spent on just one platform (Linux also maybe ).

Comment

Working...
                              X