[O/T] How to record from the soundcard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No, you can download and install the program just like any other retail one. Open Source programs are free. :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    does that mean you need leet skills in programming to get it to do anything though?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by musilowski
    And I think I can't record this stuff with the XP sound recorder, so can you tell me a good recorder? :bulb:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    Open Source all the way baby

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Devon
    It should look like that yes, only minus the hilariously elongated and funny looking language that is finnish
    Hehe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It should look like that yes, only minus the hilariously elongated and funny looking language that is finnish

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You almost got it right. You should have clicked on "Master Audio". The Master Audio device is where all the output goes. When you play a game, hear the new mail alert or some other program function that's the Master Volume in action. Record from that you'll get your sounds. For sound editing, I highly suggest you download GoldWave. It's an affordable shareware audio recorder/editor with many features.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK... Should it look like this:

[shot]http://img106.exs.cx/img106/5987/wtfsoundsettings1.jpg[/shot]

And I think I can't record this stuff with the XP sound recorder, so can you tell me a good recorder? :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make sure that the voluem input is set to your primary input device. Depending on your sound card and drivers, this may be labeled as "What U Hear", "Main", "Wave" or something else. If you're using Windows XP, follow these steps.

1. Open the Control Panel.
    2. Open the Sounds and Audio Devices applet. (icon looks like a speaker)
    3. Click the Audio Tab.
    4. Under Sound Recording, click the Volume button.
    5. Now select your primary input. Make sure the volume slider is all the way up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: [O/T] How to record from the soundcard?

Originally posted by musilowski
    (not with a microphone)?
    WIth a headphone plugged into the mic slot... :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [O/T] How to record from the soundcard?

[O/T] How to record from the soundcard?

Sorry off-topic...

I mean that how can I record sounds/music that comes out of my computer (not with a microphone)?
Working...
X