• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just read the Homelan Interview with Epic

I've just finished reading the interview here:
    http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=28965

it's really cool to hear some very inspiring words from epic:
    Strike Force has AAA retail quality art and solid gameplay, and just needs to be filled out more to make it really stand out.
    Strike Force haven't been updated for very long (at least for the official releases) but epic was still impressed with it. That's a hint from epic that the mod has potentials. Just need updates. Maybe they should start with their website. Two forums will only split the community. Unupdated news will only give their communities ideas like "the game's dead. look at the last release." (even though it's not)

The mod contest was also very useful, because a lot of times, when we were installing or playing mods, we'd see first hand the issues that the mod authors had needed to work around in UT2004, and as a result we learned a lot about how to improve mod support in the future.

HomeLAN - Now that the mod contest is over, what's next for mod support from Epic Games? Will we see another mod contest at some point in the future?

Steve Polge - The next big thing will be Unreal Engine 3 and for sure we'll have another Make Something Unreal contest for games based on that technology.
    :up: :up: More MSUC contest, maybe it's good to start learning unreal modding(unrealscripting) right now. Im really interested of how the other FPS games company(sierra, ea games, etc) would counter this.

Though it's sad to know there are no UT2K4 questions like: What do you plan for UT2K4 right now?

hmm tnx for the info, i didnt knew about that interview

Comment

Re: I've just read the Homelan Interview with Epic

Originally posted by soulbadguy
      Maybe they should start with their website. Two forums will only split the community. Unupdated news will only give their communities ideas like "the game's dead. look at the last release." (even though it's not)
      Unrealtournament.com isn't even updated...shows 3323 as the latest 'Patch you need'...still doesn't have the Dedicated Server download...

Comment

Re: Re: I've just read the Homelan Interview with Epic

Originally posted by Frogger
        Unrealtournament.com isn't even updated...shows 3323 as the latest 'Patch you need'...still doesn't have the Dedicated Server download...
        What page are you referring to? The downloads page correctly lists 3339 as the latest patch.

Comment

The first page you see.

right-low

Comment

Originally posted by sure
            The first page you see.

right-low
            Thanks. I'll take care of it.

Comment

Yup, i've even emailed utnews@atari.com saying that the first page(lower right) is not displaying the latest update(v3339) last week. Funny they didn't recieved my email.

Btw, i've just checked planetunreal.com and there was some many news like new website of ut revolution, revival of some mods, and Tournament infos. :up: Good to see alot of modders are returning(TrekUT, Prefab Labs) to the scene and dead projects returning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by War_Tourist
                Thanks. I'll take care of it.

can you have this point somewhere also?

http://www.unrealtournament.com/ut20...ads.php#Server

this would be a good place ....http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...-bonuspack.zip

Comment

Originally posted by soulbadguy
                  Btw, i've just checked planetunreal.com and there was some many news like new website of ut revolution, revival of some mods, and Tournament infos. :up: Good to see alot of modders are returning(TrekUT, Prefab Labs) to the scene and dead projects returning as well.
                  Yeah, I don't think Atari means for the official UT site to substitute for Unreal new site. It's just there for the basics.

It IS really nice to see mods like Chaos and Jailbreak (& many more) continue to work so hard at what they do even after this MSUC is over. There's still a lot happening out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X