Avril suicides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avril suicides

Often people blow themselves up when they try to shoot you with their avril while you fire at them with your manta or raptor. Couldn't that be counted as a kill instead of a suicide?

Re: Avril suicides

Originally posted by BabyNuke
    Often people blow themselves up when they try to shoot you with their avril while you fire at them with your manta or raptor. Couldn't that be counted as a kill instead of a suicide?
    well, if you kill the guy at the same time, it would be a kill + a suicide
    if you just kill yourself, well, d0h.

Comment

No, the killing damage is caused by their own weapon. Quite often ull find that the avril will only damage tem badly though and u get a kill when u finish them off a second later.

Personally, i only use shock for raptors that are that near.

Comment

ehm, what exactly is the point?

And how should the game know that you fired at it if some1 suicides?

Comment

well it knows if someone gets pushed of a ledge or walks in him/herself

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
            well it knows if someone gets pushed of a ledge or walks in him/herself
            Yeah but that happens even when you walk in the lava yourself and somebody shoots you with 1 bullet from the AR....

With the avril, would you get the kill if you damaged him 4 hours ago... that would just be wrong o_O

Comment

Well... if you shoot somebody else's shock bolt and it blows up in the guys face you get the kill for it. So BabyNuke has a point. On the other hand: it'll probably not be changed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by XMas
                Well... if you shoot somebody else's shock bolt and it blows up in the guys face you get the kill for it. So BabyNuke has a point. On the other hand: it'll probably not be changed anyway.

Yea, but that shock core was caused by your weapon meaning your weapon damaged the other player.

Comment

Originally posted by psychoticBunny
                  Yea, but that shock core was caused by your weapon meaning your weapon damaged the other player.
                  Provided I am not misunderstanding something here, so is the avril blowing up in someone's face because an enemy has hit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoeff
                    ehm, what exactly is the point?

And how should the game know that you fired at it if some1 suicides?
                    What really happens is this:

-Guy launches avril at me in my raptor (or other vehicle)
                    -I'm shooting at the guy and I hit his avril missile
                    -Avril missile blows up in his face
                    -Person dies because of the exploding avril

Eventhough I'd say I killed him, you're not awarded with the kill.

Comment

Bah, I thought this was about the the sudden increase in music quality :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by BabyNuke
                        What really happens is this:

-Guy launches avril at me in my raptor (or other vehicle)
                        -I'm shooting at the guy and I hit his avril missile
                        -Avril missile blows up in his face
                        -Person dies because of the exploding avril

Eventhough I'd say I killed him, you're not awarded with the kill.
                        oh. that's like when you kill a guy by making his rockets blow up in his falce with a shock core
                        well, who cares about points in ons?

Comment

Honestly, who cares? It's onslaught, not DM.

Comment

Bah, I thought this was about the the sudden increase in music quality
                            +1:up:

Comment

The reason it counts as a suicide is that the avril rocket "belongs" to the player that fired it. When the rocket explodes, the splash damage kills the owner, hence a suicide.

I think the difference with the shock core is that when you hit it with shock primary, the core switches "ownership" and belongs to the player that hit it with primary. Hence if the original owner gets killed by it, it's not a suicide.

Personally, I think the same thing should be applied to the avril, and likely would have been, except it was overlooked (intentional or otherwise) because there were bigger issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X