OLB 4v4 event #2 (open to all clans)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLB 4v4 event #2 (open to all clans)

We are doing another 4v4 TDM event for NA clans. This one is open to everybody, and does not have a team limit.

Another OLB 4v4 !!!

The rules here are all pretty much final, it should leave very little to question, there are SEVERAL significant changes between this one, and the last one so please read carefully.

First off standard rules.

20 mins per map, with a 3min timed overtime. Best out of 3 maps per match, record your point differentials and take screen shots.
    No superweapons.
    Weapon stay off.
    100% speed
    spawngranades = on, set to 1
    LTG mutator
    Full UTComp skins and sounds.
    Specs : 2 only. These two may only be admin, or UTV. You may request, or one of us may decide to join.
    Maps : DM-Antalus, DM-Asbestos, DM-Corrugation, DM-Deck17, DM-Goliath, DM-Goose2k4, DM-Osiris2, DM-CamgroundsG1E.
    Tie Breakers: admin will anounce them before each stage.
    Server arguments: Be adults about it, if there is a huge issue, and people won't agree, get an admin.

Stages:

First we are doing group stage again. This way everybody gets to play a fair amount of matches. You will be divided into groups of four, with the top two per group advancing. However since the matches are best out of three 20 min maps, it will not all be done in one night. Instead you will be given entire week to play every team in your group (starting february 21), THIS IS MORE THAN AMPLE TIME. Simply let an admin at the time know you are going to play your match (a PM in IRC to saito, concrete, HV, or wing is all that's needed), and then report the results when finished (same way, same person).

Then we will take those that advance and put you into a single elimination bracket. Your seeds will be based on win record in the group stage, and after a tie your average point differential (so keep those screen shots, if we don't have screen shots you might get the short end of the sick here). This stage, will be done over the course of Monday the 28th and Tuesday the 29th.

With the 2v2 event ending on Monday February 7, this one would be start the week of Monday the 21 February, and last from two to three weeks. The sign ups would open February 7 the day the 2v2 ends.

Hope to see lots of new teams coming out to this event, the format is improved and its going to be a lot of fun for everyone at any skill level .

Hope to see you there.

Comment

//spawngranades = on, set to 1

What exactly does this line mean? 1 assault grenade per person on spawn?

Also, what would you say is the lowest level of competition that would be... advised... to enter this? My squad's TDM is REALLLLLLY inexperienced at the moment, being ONS players. I'd love to sign them up, but there's nothing quite like losing 130-4 to crush someone's spirits. :noob:

~S

Comment

Originally posted by [FDG]Sundae
        //spawngranades = on, set to 1

What exactly does this line mean? 1 assault grenade per person on spawn?

~S
        exactly my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper
          exactly my friend
          Might as well let them spawn with just a shield gun imo.

Good map listing, nice to see asbestos in there for a change (well most comps I've been in always slate asbestos.)

Keep us up to date with the results yo

Comment

It means 1 grenade off of spawn yes, and its standard for competition in everywhere but north america, so we are finally adapting to the worldwide standard.

Also, Sundae, I would say any level is welcome as long as the right attitude is taken towards losing. It should be a motivator to become better, and they should not be shy to ask questions after a loss.

While I'm posting, gameamp recently interviewed my teammate, and good friend dawgpound (from both No Escape, and Obsoleet) on the game, the community, his past. Its a really good read, check it out here:
            http://ut2004.gameamp.com/news/viewNews/716.php

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
              It means 1 grenade off of spawn yes, and its standard for competition in everywhere but north america, so we are finally adapting to the worldwide standard.

Also, Sundae, I would say any level is welcome as long as the right attitude is taken towards losing. It should be a motivator to become better, and they should not be shy to ask questions after a loss.

While I'm posting, gameamp recently interviewed my teammate, and good friend dawgpound (from both No Escape, and Obsoleet) on the game, the community, his past. Its a really good read, check it out here:
              http://ut2004.gameamp.com/news/viewNews/716.php
              saito put you up to that didn't he

He tried to get me to but I didnt' feel like it 1 favor per person per day

Comment

No, actually he didn't.

Comment

GL with the event, hope lots of people sign up :up:

Comment

Originally posted by r.a
                    No, actually he didn't.
                    oh my mistake

we need an embarrased smiley !

Comment

Hi, it's now on PU. I'll bump it tommorow, since it's so late tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Saito
                        Look here goes it,

The community died, and clans left. Well some of those players are back and involved in this. This time around, it’s a public event, not an elitists locked deal, it’s your chance to get in, learn a lot in a brief time and have a blast. I can say everybody that played in the first loved it, the UTV was packed, and this one will have more coverage.

You will get a chance to deal in a round robin with a lot of teams, and butt heads with some of the best NA teams out now, that’s worth it. Those that advance will be on UTV, and get interviews (it was done for the prior), it’s not that hard. The only thing you have to lose is a **** load of fun, and a chance to learn vs the best there is (and potentially not being part of the post event IRC interviews). Just do it.

Some of you may be turned off that it’s the same ********, with different tags, and that’s a valid reason. By the same token, we opened up our doors to YOU, the question is will you take advantage of it?

Either way, read the rules, check it out, maps like deck and camp are for the new teams to join, this is very open, and very friendly to newer teams. In your round robin, you will probably only deal with 1 good clan, and 2 mid clans, it’s a great chance to gauge where you are, and break the ice and join the ranks of the competitive community.

And yes, I’m an *******.

Comment

It was fun to watch on UTV last time. Definately worth participating in.

Comment

Re: OLB 4v4 event #2 (open to all clans)

spawngrenades = on, set to 1
                            I have seen this setting on several servers but never understood the reason for it. I know that this is a sort of universal comp setting, but why? Why only 1 grenade? Why not just get rid of the grenade, it's not like it's a superweapon. It can be easily dodged. So, what's up with the focus on this particular setting?

Comment

Re: Re: OLB 4v4 event #2 (open to all clans)

Originally posted by Crotale
                              I have seen this setting on several servers but never understood the reason for it. I know that this is a sort of universal comp setting, but why? Why only 1 grenade? Why not just get rid of the grenade, it's not like it's a superweapon. It can be easily dodged. So, what's up with the focus on this particular setting?
                              The grenade is the only thing that makes the ar worth using. The grenade on a direct hit can do 85 damage, so 85 plus a couple seconds of primary fire = a kill for you. Any more than one grenade makes it a spamish weapon and any less makes it useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X