Cool idea for future UT superweapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool idea for future UT superweapon

I just had this idea today, when I was thinking of a superweapon that would require skill, strategy and risk to operate.

It's one part Grenade Launcher, and another part Redeemer. Basically, it's this magnetic object that can be planted in a base, or stuck to a vehicle for sabotage/surprise purposes. Primary fire launches the bomb a little ways forward, but its short-range enough that if detonated, the player using the device will be killed regardless of armor and health. The bomb isn't detonated until the user presses primary fire a second time.

If primary fire is held down for five seconds when the bomb is undeployed, the bomb will explode right there and then, with even more power. This will, of course, kill the player.

Secondary fire activates the internal camera, so that the player can wait for the perfect moment for maximum destruction. If the bomb hasn't been deployed yet, secondary fire zooms in. When primary fire is pressed when zoomed, the bomb will be fired in a large trajectory, and explodes on impact.

Some pretty whacked ideas, I know, but which features would you like to see in a superweapon?

The ability to ban people from teh intarweb.

Comment

I´d love to play with that weapon. :up:
      (offline only player)

Comment

Originally posted by BMSMCMAM
        The ability to ban people from teh intarweb.
        If you directed that to me simply because I'm not afraid to share my ideas, then

Comment

superweapons = :down:

Comment

You mean like my UT2003 I Spy U Die?

Comment

I heard about your superweapons, any ETA on a 2k4 port? I really want to try them out after playing with that insane OMFG gun

Comment

Still convinced we'd need a VERY slow recharge translocator, and that nice 1-shot weapon from the old game G-Nome: I'd call it the Unhorser: it causes no damage, but if you hit a vehicle, people in it are instantly forced to jump out of the vehicle, giving you an occasion to hijack.

Comment

GPF gun. >:E

Comment

Originally posted by AleGenoa
                    Still convinced we'd need a VERY slow recharge translocator, and that nice 1-shot weapon from the old game G-Nome: I'd call it the Unhorser: it causes no damage, but if you hit a vehicle, people in it are instantly forced to jump out of the vehicle, giving you an occasion to hijack.
                    better make it some sort of EMP weapon that disables the vehicle for a short time

Comment

Superweapons don't take skill, that's why newbs love them

Comment

uh, dude, wrong forum!

Comment

If you directed that to me simply because I'm not afraid to share my ideas, then
                          No, wasn't directed at you, but I don't think there are a lot of people who wouldn't want the ability to ban someone from the intarweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                            You mean like my UT2003 I Spy U Die?
                            [yoda]Port it you must[/yoda]

yes Rach, I still live

Comment

Only if I'm confident I can get them working online.

Comment

Working...
                              X