No announcement yet.

teh slacker has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people not liking vCTF and telling their opinion about it arent elitists, so no willhaven i tend to disagree.

vCTF is a mod, and i can understand it can be fun, but saying it combines the bad things from ONS and CTF, is an opinion shared by many (and on this board the many are called "elitists" apparantly)

No i dont like the mod, no i dont think it involves real skill, its a mod made for fun and screwing around, not to actually play to do your best. (and thats why i get people dont like it, and thats also why i dont like it, its all about HOW you play, and what type of style you enjoy playing in.)

"elitists"...........

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
      i dont think it involves real skill
      "elitists"...........
      .........if you say so.........

Comment

i like vctf, but i can see why some people don't, i really like facing down vehicles while on foot with a shock rifle, even better when vehicle weight is way low, o and i'm currently addicted to matrix moves, and have two vctf servers that use them

Comment

yeh, so many people will just try to get away from vehicles when facing them in vctf, thats why they dont like it, they dont know how to fight the vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
            people not liking vCTF and telling their opinion about it arent elitists, so no willhaven i tend to disagree.

vCTF is a mod, and i can understand it can be fun, but saying it combines the bad things from ONS and CTF, is an opinion shared by many (and on this board the many are called "elitists" apparantly)

No i dont like the mod, no i dont think it involves real skill, its a mod made for fun and screwing around, not to actually play to do your best. (and thats why i get people dont like it, and thats also why i dont like it, its all about HOW you play, and what type of style you enjoy playing in.)

"elitists"...........
            First of all, it's a gametype that's shipped with the game

Second, VCTF is CTF with vehicles added. As such all the normal gameplay elements of regular CTF are there, plus the added tactics and strategies that the vehicles bring with them.
            Thus I fail to see how the vehicles demote an "skillful" gametype such as CTF to something that's only "for fun and screwing around" cancelling out all other forms of entertainment that apparently (!) can be had by playing this game.

I agree that having that opinion does not make one an "elitist" as it is commonly understood on these forums.
            However saying that it doesn't "involve real skill" does bear with it the same shortsighted and *gasp* flammatory weigth that I think willhaven's correct in his assumptions.

Comment

Eeeeh... I havent played vCTF, but when you say they've taken the BAD elements of CTF, what are you refering to? They have taken the... flag... :weird: vCTF without a flag whould be... ONS... I dont get it...!

Comment

Working...
              X