Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kronos
    The co-op had a twist too, one of the players could be the enemy, but the split screen ruined it.
    Oh man I forgot about that. Counter-operative single player gameplay online... doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Comment

Thought about Co-op for Goldeneye. No plans for this to be included at this time.

You will have to ask Knuckles if he plans on including Co-op in the Perfect dark mod version.

Comment

YES!

is that a good answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Knux
          YES!

is that a good answer?
          That's a fantastic answer

Comment

pd gets mentioned and thread goes quiet lol

Comment

Originally posted by PeeBee
              If you arnt planning on making money does it matter if you use bond?
              A while ago I ran an N64 website that had a lot of audio files recorded straight from various N64 games. I did the recordings myself, and the quality was really crappy. Anyway, this site was hosted on the now defunct Xoom servers, and one day I go to access my account and it's been banned. Xoom banned the account because of 50-some 32 kbps mono MP3 files from N64 games.

They said I needed to get permission from Nintendo. I of course e-mailed Nintendo, and got canned "Nintendo does not grant the use of copyrights blah blah blah." My site was even on the NList, which was Nintendo's own link section to fan sites (also now defunct)... this was a highly exclusive list that only a dozen or so sites got on... the cream of the crop you could say. Nintendo thoroughly reviewed each site before adding it (therefore they knowingly added my site with the music files).

Long story short, I had to delete all the music before they unbanned my site.

You'll probably be okay unless someone takes notice. If there's even a hint that Rare doesn't approve, you'll get slapped with a cease and desist order. Just happened to a group of fans making Duke Nukem using the Source engine.

Just fair warning. I'd hate to see it happen, but it can.

Comment

the only material we use are sounds (redigitised and improved quality) and textures.

If they dont want us using them we can replace them. we then wouldnt be using anything other than bonds that could be slapped at us.

We can release somehow. but i would much rather get permission dammit, they just wont give me the email

Comment

once the vifd gets released i hope they notice it

they can then email me and i hope its not a cease and decist. but its one of the things you have to go though on fan based materials.

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-Proto
                    pd gets mentioned and thread goes quiet lol
                    Thats because PD kinda sucked

Well not sucked, the game was still good, but the alien conspiracy **** ruined the whole game for me, the MP was even better than goldeneye and there were some nice gameplay improvements but the levels were pretty boring and the story sucked, goldeneye was brilliant in every aspect, imo

/me is waiting patiently for this mod

The only mod i care about for this game ^^

I prefer to play the default game how its meant to be played, but i can't miss this one :up:

Comment

Hmm, are the textures all going to be orignal? I think it would be kinda funny to see a high res texture right next to a low res texture. Same with the models, if the textres stay the same, dont touch the model ploy count.:up:

Comment

i want to see some footage! any clue when the beta will be availible? did knux mean there would be coop in goldeneye or pd?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicIce
                          i want to see some footage! any clue when the beta will be availible? did knux mean there would be coop in goldeneye or pd?
                          I predict the release of the beta within... next week

Comment

Originally posted by sethdonut

Comment

Of course, by "next week" I mean "in the next few weeks" :downcast:

Comment

Originally posted by sethdonut
                                thats not gonna happen maybe a news update within the next week

Comment

Working...
                                X