Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very excited about this mod! One thing that I know will kill it though is any references to UT2004. The mod must totally immerse you and make you think that you are playing Goldeneye, not UT2004!

I wish you the best of luck!
    PS: Cooperative would be amazing.

Comment

I watched the Facility video and then went and played the original. It was the same. Yay for everyone, this will be the best mod ever. (Just don't tell Desp about it)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
        I'm just sad the fate of what could be a great mod is left in the hands of a Trials map fan. Do you really believe that eyecandy automatically makes a map/mod not fun? Or that lack of it makes it enjoyable? "It's just meant to be fun" is a pretty lame excuse for purposely leaving out the eyecandy.

Good luck.
        Your opinion is noted. Provocative as the others were saying "forceful". if you read it it basically says

"if you dont add eyecandy it will fail miseriablly."

ITS NOTED.

Thankyou Angel.

now you can stop saying it over and over.

and yes im a trials map fan. (huge one)

I also like hellbender race, scorpionrace puzzlebox3 eggrace and lots more.

other than that i only play instagib, normally on face only.

i wont mention the amount of work that i have put into the mod, cause you will only call me inefficiant. (even if i havnt ever made a mod before.. at all.. not even a mute)

Comment

Originally posted by SonicIce
          I am very excited about this mod! One thing that I know will kill it though is any references to UT2004. The mod must totally immerse you and make you think that you are playing Goldeneye, not UT2004!

up to date, the only references to UT2004 are the ingame menus (such as disconnect and scoreboards)

All of which will be either themed, or replaced and the ut loading screens.

~Again these will be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicIce

Coopertive gameplay would rock, but it could only really work in Jungle (someone plays as Natalia, using the Cougar Magnum) or Control (someone hacks the computers, etc).

Comment

Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?
              Lots and lots of *******.

Comment

Originally posted by SWG_Victim
                Coopertive gameplay would rock, but it could only really work in Jungle (someone plays as Natalia, using the Cougar Magnum) or Control (someone hacks the computers, etc).
                A co-op idea has popped into my mind, but as you concluded, putting it into the original game would need drastic changes

Comment

Re: Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Originally posted by TOP-Proto

If you could make the game what would you do to improve it?
                  Before caring about the license to kill, I'd care about the license to use all that copyrighted James Bond stuff that you have "borrowed". Unless you enjoy getting your asses sued off by United Artists.

Comment

Two questions:

Is the scaling right (eg. does it take the same amount of time to run down a hall way in this as it does on the N64?) and do you have corner ways strafing built in?

Comment

If you're based in/around the UK, PM me your address & I'll send you some 'supplies' (Beer, Crisps & Pizza) to help the development effort!
                      I loved GE on the N64, and if your port is even half as good as that, then it'll have been time well spent! Here's to hoping that it's better
                      (ps - Lots of ******* would be great )

Comment

One word...Facility!...Thats all i need to see lol. OOOOOOZing with sweetness. Keep the good work up guys and as for all the legal mumbo jumbo who cares lol. Do you think the people who made the droid2k4 skin of agent smith etc decided to ask warner bros or lucas arts? exactly.

Comment

Re: Re: Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Originally posted by moppel
                          Before caring about the license to kill, I'd care about the license to use all that copyrighted James Bond stuff that you have "borrowed". Unless you enjoy getting your asses sued off by United Artists.
                          we have used no United Artists content as far as i am aware, but if you see otherwise, please point me to the content, and we will evaluate its importance, and if need be, we will go though appropriate channels to ask for permission to use.

Comment

Originally posted by eVeNfL0W
                            Two questions:

Is the scaling right (eg. does it take the same amount of time to run down a hall way in this as it does on the N64?) and do you have corner ways strafing built in?
                            scaling is correct down to the FOV.

Corner ways strafing.. not yet, that will be one of the last elements we implement.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitjack
                              One word...Facility!...Thats all i need to see lol. OOOOOOZing with sweetness. Keep the good work up guys and as for all the legal mumbo jumbo who cares lol. Do you think the people who made the droid2k4 skin of agent smith etc decided to ask warner bros or lucas arts? exactly.
                              we come under the "fan based enthusiasts" most of that is legal down to exact copys. it is true we are borrowing textures and sounds from the original game. its also true we have emailed RARE asking for permission.

We got one major thing on our side, thats that we are free, we gain nothing but experience from what we do, and help communities

Comment

any chance of letting your friendly little hobbit play a beta of facility :P.

Comment

Working...
                                X