Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
    that is the wrong word, he means eyecandy \ visuals \ looks
    *She*, please, ffs. I thought I made that clear enough by now.

Comment

i made a few vids today and zipped some pics, to give to the guy making the vid. hopefully the vid will be good

Comment

OMFG!!! :up:

The game that brought me to the FPS genre... coming to Unreal?! Hell yes!!!!!!

Keep it up, Proto. This mod already has space reserved on my HD now.

Comment

It looks amazing already, I can't wait to see what you guys have done.

Just please please please make the movement feel right. So many mods are ruined by terrible movement, and Goldeneye had some very unique attributes, like slower turning and moving, and acceleration. And sound. Sound will make all the difference.

Keep up the work, myself and about 5 of my friends are eagerly waiting for this. We've wanted to play GE again for the longest time, and none of us have an N64 anymore! Thank you!

Comment

Keep it up, Proto. This mod already has space reserved on my HD now.
            thats 500mb at last count needed so far, although no compressed textures

Best you guys can do is ask about modelers and animators, and map texturers, cause the faster the tallent rolls in, the quicker the mod rolls out.

Comment

mines that don't explode when you die.
              and make the mines like the fire detectors
              i remember a game where there were mines on every wall of a small room, and since the "detonator" died, they couldn't explode. a newbie was playing, saw the mines, WTF are these? fire detectors? he shoots them. poof:haha:

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                *She*, please, ffs. I thought I made that clear enough by now.
                i know why you insist on eyecandy now!
                TEH MAKEUP !
                teh makeup to look good. you "makeup" your maps

Comment

A bit of a graphical update on the maps would not hurt at all I have to say. I went back and played Goldeneye and the upgraded engine Perfect dark, and it was almost unplayable to me now.

Comment

the facility isn't an easy piece to recreate exactly as the original, the geometry sometime doesn't let the UT engine to react correctly (BSP). Of course, some will say "add more details" , "change textures" and so but I will say, my goal always was to reproduce maps as close as possible as the original one. Look at my PD maps (except the badly done Skedar, don't look at it in unrealED ), those are the most accurate "copies" I've seen/done ( http://alpha.emulation64.com/PD2004/ - works better with IE, sorry).

For the facility, I only have the labs part and the bottling room area left to do. I would post shots right now I can't

Comment

Alright, whatever. Thought I'd try anyway. Expect a lot of complaints about the eyecandy though.

Comment

eyecandy is good angelmapper, i will update it like i have the menus, but it needs to feel the same or people wont like it.

Its my personal opinion that people love cheeze in games (poor graphics but a good game so they can laugh and joke about) ((take custom asault maps))

We do have plans to initiate in which we will take full advantage of the goldeneye game and what it can offer the ut2k4 team, but theyre top secret at the moment.

all i can say is i am a pro gamer, who knows what a good game is all about.

Instagibs a brill game, but i turn all my details and graphics off

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                          Alright, whatever. Thought I'd try anyway. Expect a lot of complaints about the eyecandy though.

Some people prefer gameplay over eyecandy. That's something your maps lack.

Comment

Pfff, whatever. Is that why CTF clans are still playing Garden Of Heaven?

Comment

Re: Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Originally posted by TOP-Proto
                              [B]Big question, i expect lots and lots of people answering and no flamies .
                              i will quote myself.

This isnt a thread about angelmappers maps, i would appreciate you making a review thread about her map/s if you want to discuss its bad and good points.

Angelmappers opinion is as valuble as everyone elses, although like the majority of people in this thread i chose along time ago not to change anything that i considered "core" to the gameplay.

If you still need to talk to angelmapper about what shes saying, please PM her. thanks

Back on topic, the vids being uploaded to my guy whos gonna play with it and turn it into a releasable version that will "big up" the mod.

Comment

It's just that I'd hate to see this mod not be as popular as it could be because people see screenshots and immediately dismiss it as noobish (talking about people who never played the original). Graphics pull them in, gameplay keeps them there.

Comment

Working...
                                X