Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goldeneye mod, what would you most like to see in it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Knux
    YES!

is that a good answer?
    That's a fantastic answer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    YES!

is that a good answer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thought about Co-op for Goldeneye. No plans for this to be included at this time.

You will have to ask Knuckles if he plans on including Co-op in the Perfect dark mod version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos
    The co-op had a twist too, one of the players could be the enemy, but the split screen ruined it.
    Oh man I forgot about that. Counter-operative single player gameplay online... doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to see this mod is moving along again. Your one of the reasons the gaming industry is getting better and better. I just hope people will be playing this online.

Just wondering if the mod will be coded for the mouse and keyboard, or will i be able to use a N64 controller with the same procession as the N64 console game.

Co-op would be awesome! I remember Playing that in Perfect Dark, what a blast we had with that. The only thing that sucked was we were playing split screen with a 27inch TV. The co-op had a twist too, one of the players could be the enemy, but the split screen ruined it. The only other games i know of that have good co-op are Freespace and Serious Sam, anyone know any other good ones?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to be able to shoot Valentin after finishing his objective in the Statue level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sethdonut
    - Low-poly character models, or an option to choose this alternative. I think Knuckles said the old models had 6-poly heads. Works for me.
    From the original game:

Ya, I wouldn't mind more polys in the characters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My personal list of "hopes" for this mod:

nothing like stacking a mess of remote mines
    - The ability to stack remote mines.

- An option that locks the FPS to like 20 fps, or whatever it was on the N64.

- The menu, while looking very cool, seems peculiar. The reason being the angle at which the debriefing folder is viewed is not top-down like it was on the N64, of course. Include an option for a classic view

- No default UT2004 fonts are used (call me crazy, but I'm big on font)

- Low-poly character models, or an option to choose this alternative. I think Knuckles said the old models had 6-poly heads. Works for me.

- Appropriate scripting for rewards at the end of a game (RC-10 Award for armor *****, etc.)

It couldn't kill you to look into a least one or two of those right

Also: - Bullet holes look like they did in the N64 game, and each bullet hole has a mini-mini-explosion in it when created. (you can tell by now that I'm getting really ridiculous with detail)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just an update, we expect the video teaser done by next week, although it might be longer till we release it. We are chasing some leads still before we make the final decision on when we release.

You will all like what it says, especially those eager to see something going on :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PeeBee
    If you arnt planning on making money does it matter if you use bond?
    Thats the big hope, and 99.9% of the industry will say "no it doesnt matter because you are not making money out of our products, but please ask us for permission"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you arnt planning on making money does it matter if you use bond?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just thought i'd say that, i don't ever download these type of big mods because i just get bored of them after a day, i don't have any mods installed atm as far as i can remember, but you can bet i will be downloading this

The first mod i actually want to play in 2k4, n1 :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm getting excited about this, now

Good luck!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am more than aware of the copyright issues.

I would like to find another @rare.co.uk email address to redirect my email to. so you know this is the email i sent out a while back.

Dear Rare team.

My name is Kristian Lake, I am lead coder and project leader for a non profit modification for unreal tournament 2004.

I would like to ask your permission to recreate the classic game Goldeneye, using the Unreal Engine version 2.
    By recreation, I state all models, player models, weapon models, will be modeled and skinned and animated, using no content from the original game, other than keeping the same theme (making the ppk look like the ppk for example). The only thing we would change on them is to update the actual detail of our own models.

We would like to use the same layouts of the original Goldeneye maps, I.E the Dam would look identical to the original Dam in the Goldeneye game, down to the camera effects.

I would like to ask permission to use the textures and the sounds from the game. I state all other parts of our modification are created by my team and myself.

If we do not have permission to use the textures and or sounds, i would like to ask permission to recreate the textures and have remixed versions of the sounds in our modification.

The reason me and my team have chosen to do the classic Goldeneye game, is because its an absolute classic, which is passing its 8th year, and we would like to bring back the nostalga to the original gamers, and to the new generation of gamers.

The only thing i would like to change as the project leader, is the amount of players that can play a level in multiplayer games. and this of course would be online gaming and off.

I really hope to hear good news, and would like to stress this project is non - profit and is just so we can all create some sort of portfolio to sell ourselves later down the line to such companys as yourself.

Yours Hopefully.

Kristian Lake
    Project Leader, and Lead Coder of "Project Goldeneye"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    eVeNfL0W: normal, the UT/2k3/2k4 speed is faster then the GE one, the videos are from the main game, in the mod, you won't move that fast.

Yoshiro : Maybe, but it's more a game licence, EA doesn't own Goldeneye 007 on N64, Rare does, as for all the game they did. it's Rare people that got the right on their games, not other ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X