2 questions regarding map remakes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions regarding map remakes...

I wasn't really sure of the best place to post this, but I guess here is as good as anywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew of a UT2K4 remake of the old UT99 classic DM-Zeto, you know, the snowy arctic base one with the cool curvy corridors? If anyone knows of one, please link me in this thread, and if there isn't one, I might have to make it myself. Provided that I wouldn't be breaking any copyright laws or anything...

Second question: I am interested in doing a remake of an old Quake3Arena classic. However, the author of the map is un-contactable, his website has gone, his email address no longer exists, and I can't seem to find any way of contacting the guy that made it. Should I just forget about remaking the map for UT2004? I'm guessing I would need the guy's permission really, but if I can't contact him is it wise to go ahead anyway? Let me know your thoughts please, I wanna know where I stand on this.

Thanks in advance people

Re: 2 questions regarding map remakes...

Originally posted by Nillian

Second question: I am interested in doing a remake of an old Quake3Arena classic.
    Which one? Campgrounds and afaik Q3dm17 and yet another one I forgot have already been made.

Comment

Let's Drink Beer And Shoot Things by Lunaran. If anyone out there knows how to contact him I'm all ears!

Comment

Well, I made this remake of Q3DM3, but I doubt it's the one you're talking about.

I presume you're on about a custom map?

EDIT: :haha: just read your post above... no idea how to contact him though

Comment

OK thanks very much

The map was lun3dm2 by Lunaran. Better get started then, I guess!

Comment

Working...
          X