Keyboard question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard question

Right i use the ms wireless desktop elite keyboard, got no problems what so ever, i recently purchased a wired keyboard online.

But they sent me the wrong keyboard doh BUT it might work out oright depending on how it functions and what experiences u guys have had with it.

I ordered the Microsoft Black Multimedia Keyboard PS2:

But instead got this Microsoft Natural PS2 Multimedia Keyboard:

Just wondering if any of u guys have tried out the ms natural keyboards for gaming and what experiences have u had, i could return it for the original or I was thinking of another

Microsoft Digital PS2/USB Media Pro Keyboard:

I'll test it out, i guess a plus with the natural keyboard is the fact it causes less fatigue (less cramps in the hands etc) than other keyboards, but is it suitable for pc games or just desktop use???

Microsoft has recently admitted that their so-called Natural Keyboards were not "that" natural.
    I'd say that you should return it for another one. I don't know which one is the best, but the Insert-Home-Page up pad on the Black Multimedia looks weird
    Forget playing with the arrow keys on a Natural Keyboard. At least not with natural five-fingers hands

Comment

Well imo natural (split) keyboards are much much much more comfortable. I will never go back

Comment

Originally posted by jaQal
        Well imo natural (split) keyboards are much much much more comfortable. I will never go back
        can you type properly? im guessing that if you cant then typing would just be awkward!

Comment

Sweet as h#ll... :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ||| || | || |||
            can you type properly? im guessing that if you cant then typing would just be awkward!
            hmm thats true if you cant type properly then you might have some probs with it, I type looking on the screen so for me its the most natural setup. But for gaming its still more comfortable with a natural keyboard. So I guess it comes down to what you are gonna be using the keyboard for.

Comment

I use one of the natural KBs, and I love it. I like the fact that it splits the keys into seperate banks, I use one for movement/weapons, and the other for comm. It also seems to me that the keys are either larger, or spaced farther apart than on straight KBs. For my large hands this is a plus.

If I were you, I'd at least give it a try before I sent it back.

Comment

I had a natural keyboard, and i LOVED it. It made all other keyboards feel weird and archaic.

When i got a new keyboard, budget was a big thing, so i ended up with a Logitech Elite... but I miss my Natural keyboard BIG TIME.

*goes to check ebay prices*

Comment

Re: Keyboard question

Originally posted by °»K@M«°
                  Multimedia Keyboard PS2:
                  The one I use.. quite bulky.. but otherwise nice.. however I NEVER EVER use the numpad... and I hope to once day find a state of the art keyboard without one.. preffably slim and backlit.. and with a good amout of function keys.. preffably of minimalistic + sleek design.. like brushed aluminum or something...

Yeah I know we all have dreams..

Comment

How the hell can you not use the numpad?

Comment

Personally think they're great ... I have to put a normal kb at a slant for UT anyway .....

Originally posted by .dot.Chops
                      How the hell can you not use the numpad?
                      WASD?

Comment

Originally posted by UberBone
                        WASD?
                        ESDF

+ n52

I've never seen the need for the numpad.. I'm a fast typer so I dont move my hands over there to enter numbers.. I move my fingers alittle up to the numbers above the letters... Fast number entery...

Comment

had a logitec split KB, was great for gaming , cant remeber the model (low budget) almost no dead keys (using only one hand anyway) my ability to type on standard boards isnt hurt at all by using it, but nobody i know can use mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by UberBone
                            Personally think they're great ... I have to put a normal kb at a slant for UT anyway .....

WASD?
                            I didn't mean in-game. I just find the row of numbers so ridiculously stupid and slow; numpad > *.

Comment

Working...
                            X