Requesting Jump/ Dodge technical details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting Jump/ Dodge technical details

This might be slightly in the wrong forum, but you know as well as me that if you want something read it has to go in general discussion .

Anyway, what i would like is:

the inital velocities and vectors (for dodge mostly) for the Jump, Double Jump and the Dodge (and the jump after the dodge if different from the dbl) in uu/s.

I also would like gravity, and the dodge decceleration (horizontal comp.) in uu/s/s of course.

It's in the code somewhere but i'm not sure how to get it, so i'm asking if someone could do this for me please.

Naturally Boksha would most likely be able to find that answer for me, and i would have PM-ed him to ask this favour, but just incase someone else can (and not to put pressure on his numerical-fact-finding-reputation) i posted this thread.

So there you go, anyone know?

UnrealWiki has some jump metrics info for you.

But they're not as complete as what you're asking for.

Comment

I know, hence this thread.

Comment

*Bump*

Anyone, please?

I would really appreciate this info.

Comment

What do you think we are, a bunch of UT physicists?

Comment

Well, I'm hoping!!!1 Or mathmeticians, they'll do.

Besides i'm not asking for anyone to do anything with the numbers, that's what i'll do. I'm just looking for someone to havest them for me.

But, you know there's always someone looking to lengthen their e-penor maybe I won't even have to manipulate them at all...

Just so you know, i'm looking to make a to-scale chart of the various jumps, and in particular, the dynamics of the boostjump/boostdodge for my personal curiosty. I know one ( a chart) exists somewhere but i don't think it's to scale

Comment

Originally posted by Ickle

I know one ( a chart) exists somewhere but i don't think it's to scale
              If it's the same chart I'm thinking of, no. It's in a scale used to easily identify the differences.

Comment

why not make a test map with a platform that has one end at x uus, then add 2 or 3 at a time down the platform until the ends are infeasible. For example...
                Code:
                |_____________|
                           _
                         _| |
                       _|   |
                     _|     |
                    |_______|
                Then just see which is closest, and fine tune until you get it right. Write it down somewhere, and go to the next style of jump.

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps, but... if someone can grab the velocity/time/gravity/angle from the code, you should be able to figure out the vertical and horizontal velocities via these equations:

x=t|v|cos Ө
                  y=t|v|sin Ө - 0.5g^2 + i

From there, you could probably multiply by some factor to convert to uu's.

On a side note, someone needs to make a list of the ASCII codes for all the mathematical characters, I hate having to search through the **** character map for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                    x=t|v|cos Ө
                    y=t|v|sin Ө - 0.5g^2 + i
                    :bored:

Comment

Originally posted by Turbidity
                      :bored:
                      It's just trig.

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps, but... if someone can grab the velocity/time/gravity/angle from the code, you should be able to figure out the vertical and horizontal velocities via these equations:

x=t|v|cos Ө
                        y=t|v|sin Ө - 0.5g^2 + i

From there, you could probably multiply by some factor to convert to uu's.

On a side note, someone needs to make a list of the ASCII codes for all the mathematical characters, I hate having to search through the **** character map for them.
                        That's what i'm going to do with the numbers, with the initial velocities and accelerations i want to work out a proper scaled chart. I'm not really interested in the absolute scale in terms of real life let's say. Only relatively but accurately. Besides the in-game scale is a bit ..deviated... from real life anyway...:bulb:

Comment

x=t|v|cos Ө
                          y=t|v|sin Ө - 0.5g^2 + i
                          /me explodes.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm :sulk:

Can anyone direct me to which package/class i would go about looking thru' then?

Comment

nerd alert :haha:

j/k offc :noob:

Comment

Working...
                              X