6800LE, same fps as FX5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6800LE, same fps as FX5200

I don't get it, I went up 6000 points in 3dmark2003. the tests were running like a madman. but in UT2004, it still runs like ****

P4 1.7GHz (might be the problem)
    P4VXAD 1.0C (ECS) (is a Problem :P)
    768 mb ram Dane Elec pc2100
    XFX 6800LE (16x1,6) 300/700

I simply don't get it, am I doing something wrong here??, I already tried deleting my UT2004.ini and switching to opengl

*edit* before you ask, I put in the molexconnector

yes, a 1.7 P4 and 2100 RAM is probably your bottleneck

Comment

Wow. You probably could've had a major performance boost if you'd done some homework and upgraded your CPU/RAM/mobo.

Your video card is not the end-all, be-all component that determines how well games run.

(Speaking from experience unfortunately N00B_POWER++ )

Comment

upgrade your cpu.
        i have a 9600 pro. i also used to have a 1.1ghz duron and 384mb of sdram. i got a ****ty fps (25) in ut2003. now i have a athlon 3000+ xp with 1gb ddr400 ram and i get 100 fps in ut2004 dm with the same graphics card.

Comment

"You must feed the beast"

Comment

Originally posted by ³Þ`
            upgrade your cpu.
            i have a 9600 pro. i also used to have a 1.1ghz duron and 384mb of sdram. i got a ****ty fps (25) in ut2003. now i have a athlon 3000+ xp with 1gb ddr400 ram and i get 100 fps in ut2004 dm with the same graphics card.
            well yeh, you'd expect quite a drastic increase with that sort of upgrade :noob:

Comment

Re: 6800LE, same fps as FX5200

Originally posted by Coolguy
              P4 1.7GHz (might be the problem)
              There's the problem.. UT2004 is very cpu dependent. P4 Williamettes are weak cpus.

Comment

UT2k4 is ive found to be very dependant on the CPU as well as the graphics card. Might want to look at upgrading this (or overclocking) next.
                BTW ECS boards are **** for performace. They' ve got better now and are pretty stable so suitable for desktop non game systems (and their cheap !), but speed wise they are sloooow (with a very small number of boards being an exception)

Comment

I know the willamette core isn't the best core that was ever made :P, but it isn't that OCable, I tried OCing once, upped the fsb by 1, and my whole Bios got erased :bulb:

Comment

my old amd xp 2200 is much bettter for UT than your old 1.7 p4 (please no flaming here, if u know the benches u know the simple truth). Even so, nothing faster than an old geforce 4 or radeon 8500 will show any improvement fps wise on my cpu. I'm boarderline performance wise for this game which means that u really need a cpu boost and the CPU performance is at the heart of your problem.

Comment

Yeah, UT2004 is CPU limited.

Comment

up your resolution...

Comment

hey my friend wanted to buy gf6800 le 128 mb
                          he has a
                          p4 1.8 Ghz
                          1024 ram pc3200

wil it be a good choise to but that card
                          or settle with a gf6600?

Comment

With UT2004 the most that counts is your CPU. 1.7 GHz is pretty old which holds you back by a lot.

I have a:
                            AMD 64 3200+ OC 2.2GHz
                            NVIDIA 6800 OC 360MHz
                            1GB 400MHz RAM OC
                            120GB HD w/8MB cache

Every game works with maximum setting and a very good framerate.

Comment

Originally posted by -=KilL-Ha-Ic3=-
                              hey my friend wanted to buy gf6800 le 128 mb
                              he has a
                              p4 1.8 Ghz
                              1024 ram pc3200

wil it be a good choise to but that card
                              or settle with a gf6600?
                              I'd rather go with 6800 not LE edition. LE = light on stuff

If I'd have to choose between 6600 and 6800 I'd choose 6800 (well, DUH!) but you could change the 6600 to GT and then I'd probably change my decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X