Audio and the senses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio and the senses

Hmm...I find that I play better and I'm more relaxed when I listen to music I like rather than the default map music, for those of you who haven't tried it you should, I tend to be a better player with hardcore techno in the background

I like to hear where people are coming from and which pick ups have been taken. So no music for me.

Comment

Nightwish and the Need for Speed III soundtrack definently helped my ONS game. If you met me online and got fragged over the summer, I was probably listening to one of the two at the time.

Comment

Usually it's default music for me, but I do keep around some Van Halen and Guilty Gear XX songs for certain kinds of maps.

And I don't understand all the "omg muzak = n00b" talk. For the music to actually drown out sound effects, it has to be WAY, WAY louder than the sound volume.

Comment

There are still people that leave the music still on?! wow...

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
            I like to hear where people are coming from and which pick ups have been taken. So no music for me.

Comment

Sounds at 100

Music at 40.

Thats me. :up:

Comment

Something I listen to music, sometime not. Never will I use the default music however, I hate most of them.

Comment

Music..............Never have............Never will.............
                  You enter the game, you enter the war. If you cant hear exactly what is going on around you, your toast!

Comment

All audio volume controls set to 0 here. No noise at all, just whatever music I might be playing with an external app at the time.

Comment

I dont play with in-game sound. But i play music, mostly Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and sometimes the radio. I also watch TV while i play sometimes.

Comment

My sound is always at 100, but my music is either:

A) Default map music at 35 volume. The music sets the mood for the map, I feel more drawn in by the game.

B) My own music at 100 volume, which usually makes me play worse because it almost entirely drowns out all sound, but it's alright because I'm listening to music that I like.

Comment

Working...
                        X