[OT] UK Broadband ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm enjoying my 20 mbits dw/1 mbits up (ADSL 2+) for 29€/month (here )

(without any cap and with 100 free tv channels included of course )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Everything in Britain is overpriced, 40 quid for broadband is a bit excessive. The thing is most of the major company broadband offers are capped downloads with 2gb a month limit or wotever. What decent reliable UK companies are there that offer 1mb 2mb for cheap??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Early_bath
    LOL! While the Brits all go to IKEA
    In poland bathroom interiors costs a fraction of what it does in the rest of Europe..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
    Sweden is the highest taxed nation on the planet. This country is known to be expensive.. people are known to make trips to diffrent parts of Europe to buy diffrent kinds of stuff.. cars, furniture etc.
    LOL! While the Brits all go to IKEA

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The5thviruz
    Everything in Britain is over priced.
    Sweden is the highest taxed nation on the planet. This country is known to be expensive.. people are known to make trips to diffrent parts of Europe to buy diffrent kinds of stuff.. cars, furniture etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
    My 8Mbit costs about 40€ (around 22£) you brits are getting robbed.
    Everything in Britain is over priced.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I so hate that ADSL have so big differences in up/down speed..

I got 8Mbit Down and 1Mbit Up... It's annoying since if I get more than say 80KB/s my download dissapears.. (half duplex) This is one of the prime reasons I want full duplex fiber connection (10Mbit or 100Mbit both ways) Sadly I'm in a suburb so the fiber network doesn't extend all the way out here... My telephone station is connected to a fiber backbone but no ISP's I've spoken to have any intrest in extending that fiber connection to individual houses.. Most likely becuse this area is composed of individual houses built individualy.. and not a big cluster of houses built by a large company...

My 8Mbit costs about 40€ (around 22£) you brits are getting robbed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pyrii
    I'm on a proper, non-trial unlimited 2mb line for £40 a month. Shame about the upload ratios in the UK tho
    I have a friend who's on SDSL 1Mb/s down AND up. It gets clobbered everytime someone on his node starts using BitTorrent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm on a proper, non-trial unlimited 2mb line for £40 a month. Shame about the upload ratios in the UK tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :haha: :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by badger_fruit
    EB ..... what do you think .... HIGH SPEED **** of course, gowd ... what else?!

As for pings to the lobster, they're ok as they are; plus i'm installing a pc into my daughter's room soon and she'll need internet access so it'll be shared - the internet access, not the ****!
    I've got my machine and my daughter's wired to a router and my son's on wireless plus a laptop (occasionally, for browsing) also wireless. My 1Mb is fine for the lot of us to play online, though the kids prefer ONS and AS race maps. I tell them they're n00bs, but they just cry.:cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It won't improve your pings to "Dallas is a Dry Lobster"

/me wonders what Badger's gonna be doing with all that extra bandwith
    EB ..... what do you think .... HIGH SPEED **** of course, gowd ... what else?!

As for pings to the lobster, they're ok as they are; plus i'm installing a pc into my daughter's room soon and she'll need internet access so it'll be shared - the internet access, not the ****!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm stuck on the same 1Mbit (Supanet), though mine's been flying since before Christmas, at least for UT and browsing which is all I use it for.
    Same here actually, I have no complaints about the speed :heart:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pyrothekilla
    Git, Im still stuck on 1Mbit.
    I'm stuck on the same 1Mbit (Supanet), though mine's been flying since before Christmas, at least for UT and browsing which is all I use it for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On the topic of UK Broadband....

Anyone know when NTL are upgrading the speeds to 1,2 and 3 megabit?

All i know is that you have to pay a £25 admin fee to get it

Anyway...back to w/e badger_fruit was saying....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X