[OT] UK Broadband ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Wow, compared to a lot of european places, we are very behind!!
    Anyway, if you're interested in the Eclipse internet, click here for details

You can check them out here (it's a comparison with BT, NTL, AOL and Wanadoo)

(oh and BUMP)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah there's no reason a 20Mb connection would be one iota better to play on than my 750k connection. In fact when I used to have 300k up/64k down, I was getting the same excellent low pings I get now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some companys have worse routing than others so even with a faster service with once company another company with a slower service might actually ping better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tumples
    wouldnt that 20mbit download etc be detrimental to a game because youd be running the game so ******* fast everyone else would be laggy compared and your shots would miss?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The5thviruz
    On the topic of UK Broadband....

Anyone know when NTL are upgrading the speeds to 1,2 and 3 megabit?

All i know is that you have to pay a £25 admin fee to get it
    Yep and ****** that, I'm sticking with my uncapped ntl 750k, rather than being capped and paying for the privilege :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the Blueyonder 4Mbit service - 4Mbit Down/384Kbit up

£50 a month though.

Im dropping back down to the 2Mb service soon - £25

Leave a comment:

• replied
    England suxz :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wouldnt that 20mbit download etc be detrimental to a game because youd be running the game so ******* fast everyone else would be laggy compared and your shots would miss?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Holy sh*t!

*moves to france*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cilar
    I'm enjoying my 20 mbits dw/1 mbits up (ADSL 2+) for 29€/month (here )

(without any cap and with 100 free tv channels included of course )
    oh my god

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I pay $60NZD a month for 2mbit down, 192k up ADSL, and another $40 a month on top of that for the line rental. And my connection has a 10 gig cap. I ****ing hate NZ broadband. The only good thing about our connection is Jetstream Games. We've got a certain username and password that we use to connect to the "realm" and once we're on we can only access jetstreamgames and their gaming servers, but we get 8mbits download. Plus it doesn't count against your cap. I go on every time I play UT2004 online, or need to download a mod (all of Beyondunreal is mirrored on the Jetstreamgames servers! W00t!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can recommend Zen

They do uncapped 1 and 2 Mbit connections, but you would be paying between £30 and £40 a month.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tumples
    Everything in Britain is overpriced, 40 quid for broadband is a bit excessive. The thing is most of the major company broadband offers are capped downloads with 2gb a month limit or wotever. What decent reliable UK companies are there that offer 1mb 2mb for cheap??
    Supanet offer "unlimited" 1MB/s down 256Kb/s up for £23.99, but I can't recommend them right now, they're having right problems. Hence my earlier comments to Pyro, seems we're both being lucky at the moment. Many users are saying that the heavy users are actually getting capped/choked. Before Christmas I couldn't get a decent ping to any servers but now it's quite normal and downloads are good too. But I do know of others who aren't so fortunate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UKOnline has just started selling 8Mb/512k @ £40 actually.. It's only avail on 200 odd exchanges tho.

So its not all bad for broadband britian. Expect faster speeds happening this year, since about 1 million people are getting broadband in the UK every 3 months! Thats pretty decent uptake.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cilar
    I'm enjoying my 20 mbits dw/1 mbits up (ADSL 2+) for 29€/month (here )

(without any cap and with 100 free tv channels included of course )
    My Canadian 3mbit down/300kbit up just sat down in the corner and began to cry because it felt so ashamed after seeing that...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X