Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordJaffa
    Krill, that must be the greatest career ever: professional montior tester/experimenter/imploder/wrecker

i still don't get this, so was your parents 19" his monitor at the time because he wrecked the last one? because if he has a system with a knackered monitor, he needs another monitor.. so from what i can tell, your parents gave him the 19" one because his 17" went kaput... mighty fine deal if you ask me
    Nope that 19'' was the screen I used.. It was "mine" (father bought it but I used the old Compaq 99% of the time.. that compaq has over the years evolved into my current computer (No original parts left so yes it's "mine" the compaq parts are in both my bro's comp my sis's comp and in my warddrobe..

I bought a used 19'' from some people who had bought a flat 19'' and didn't have any use for 2 screens.. and they cut back in the size of the desk since they lived in a quite small appartment...

So there I was.. having 2 19''.. Bro with his 17'' my mom aquired from work got mad that I had 2x 19'' and he only had 1 17''.. so he whined.. and he whined.. and he whined.. for almost a week untill I had enough.. I gave him the 19'' that wasn't mine (Compaq one) and he gave me "his" 17'' mom claimed I was old enough to pay for my own hardware so I ended up buying the 17'' from my mom.. (Cheap as hell.. but still lame)..

Comment

off topic

)not an i()nsult.... but why) can('t any 1 in this (forum) use (brackects! (i can;t either though) "

Comment

Originally posted by sure
        priceless :haha: :up:

Like in a movie.
        Yeah I know.. I was rofl:ing under my breath since I didn't want to make my new furius father even more angry..

Originally posted by MrScruff
        he'll get better,

i remember when i was 14

C3PO
        I doubt it... But yeah I hope so.. becuse I'll have to put up with him for quite a number more years..

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
        This is what LAN partys do to the developing brain...

Edit: let me guess... Counterstrike? :weird:
        Yeah partly.. all his m8s play cs so he plays it with them.. I've managed to bring him into the path of the light side that is unreal though...

Originally posted by Kr4zed
        Yeah, tell me about it... I have "just" a 19" monitor and when I had to carry this thing up 3 storeys of our dorm, I felt the consequences even two days thereafter.
        Yeah when I bought my used 19'' It was on the 7:th floor.. and there was no elevator.. **** this is huge and weights about 30KG.. :bulb: I also had to walk from the yard out into the parketing area.. and my sis + her soon to be husband who drove me there didn't understand that they might have eased my pain by moving closer to me.. no... I still have issues from that "adventure" I however didn't drop it..

Comment

Hey, it's not all 14 year olds... Some are smart enough to use pockets for keys (he had no excuse unless he was wearing skirt, in which case he needs help)
          from what you said (apart from being able to use a computer to some degree) he sounds like my 17 year old brother

so, how much trouble is he in for breaking god knows how much in monitors?

heh, i know how you feel, my friend brings his system down to my house every now and then, it's a five minute walk from one house to the other and he has a 17" CRT monitor like no other seen before, it weighs at least 25kg (no exaggeration) and i end up carrying it.. :noob:

Comment

I've been asking around but all pianowire is either in use inside a piano or to short to get around a throat..

(just kidding ofcourse)

The 19'' was technicaly "his" and so was the first 2 17'' once.. not this 17'' one though.. It's mine.. If it's even slightly damaged I'll demand a new 17'' or money equal to one...

My parents aren't to pleased about this either.. about 400$ in property destroyed... I think he'll get a real lecture from my dad once he's home.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
              Yeah partly.. all his m8s play cs so he plays it with them.. I've managed to bring him into the path of the light side that is unreal though...
              Buy him a book by Margaret Weiss-Tracy Hickman. Certainly better than gaming, and cheaper than a monitor...
              I wish a had a digital camera at the age of 14. I wouldn't have played Doom so much... :bulb:

Comment

next time give your brother a hand

Comment

Originally posted by fiLa
                  next time give your brother a hand
                  Yeah that might have been a good idea.. However I dont see how we where supposed to carry the thing.. It's hard as hell to grasp alone and a nightmare to grasp with 2 people.. since it have no good places to put your hands.. It's just a cone shaped over-sized bulky object..

However I offerd him to use my 17'' on the lan since It's alot easyer to handle a smaller and lighter 17'' screen than a big and bulky 19'' and lan spaces are often quite restricted..

He replied that he wanted a big screen on the lan... :bulb:

Comment

Krill i urge u to by flatscreen next time.

safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by MrScruff
                      Krill i urge u to by flatscreen next time.

safety first.
                      Yeah then he'll need to find something non-flat tp scratch the screen.. however he might still destroy the rest of the screen.. He's an expert remember?

I'm thinking of putting a sign on my door saying my bro cant be in there without my supervision...

Comment

krille,.. help your brother instead of flaming on him etc

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™

Yeah I agree.. dad was ****** when he heard about it.. belive me.. to make matters worse dad was going to give him the ride to town on his way to work.. when they're finally done with all packing of equipment etc he asks my bro where he put his car keys.. Bro goes: "I dunno, dont you have them?" "No I gave them to you so you could put your stuff in the car" "Oh... I dont know where they are"

So we searched the house for a good 30 mins... When we've given up and dad wants all my bro's stuff out of the car and my dad's desided on using the moped to get to work.. (It's about 10KM way.. and it's in the middle of the winter) Dad's frustrated and tired so he leans against the outer door.. and spots the keys.. in my mothers boots..

My bro must have dropped the keys while he was putting on his jacket or something... Moron...
                          Hate when that kind of thing happens... About 6 months ago I lost my wallet, with a good 50 quid in it, all my credit cards, driving lisence, chequebook, student cards, EVERYTHING. So, of course, I searched my house for hours, concluded that i had lost it whilst out somewhere, so i spent a hell of a lot of time phoning everywhere I had been, to no avail, then cancelling every one of my cards and reordering new ones (which costs money in the case of driving lisence and student cards). I was gutted, and had to wait a good few days for the new cards to arrive. Finally everything was sorted out, having spent money and a lot of time replacing everything.

I went to have a bath, got out and put my dressing gown on (it was cold). My wallet was only in the bloody pocket of the gown! I had put it there when giving my mum some cash that I owed her after being reminded about it about a week previously, after I had had a bath. Gutted isn't the word.... On the plus side, one of my friends used my Driving Lisence to get into a club underage... But Still...

Comment

whoop his ***

Comment

Originally posted by fiLa
                              krille,.. help your brother instead of flaming on him etc
                              Originally posted by -royal.mAgx*-
                              whoop his ***
                              Decisions decisions....

K I'll give him advice and a helping hand if needed but if it ever happens again I'll give him plenty o' whoppin'

Comment

Photos of Brother and Father , please

I don't know about the rest of you but I like a little graphics to go with a good story.

I can picture your da but imagining your bro is hurting my brain.

Pics please. ( Don't make me say please again)

Comment

Working...
                                X