Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: [OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Originally posted by Daspadger
    No no, the robot, the one who will slap you in the eyes!
    aha well thats ok then, let the slapping begin

Comment

Get a 21" like mine ... no-one can carry that ****er

Comment

Re: [OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
        Anyone knows a cure for this kind of behavior?.. I mean it have to be some kind of manical broken plastic/glass fetish..
        i have 3 sisters all younger than me. When i england i had a lock on my door. problem solved.

Comment

No in the back.. it's almost at the end of thingys that extend back from the actual part where the image is projected.. It's a small bulb shaped part filled with some metal objects..
          Yeah, it's still part of the tube, where the electron guns are. There's a vacuum inside so it's all one glass, err... tube. Hence the air getting in bit, though obviously dropping and smashing it also had something to do with it breaking. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by UberBone
            Get a 21" like mine ... no-one can carry that ****er
            Costs a fortion though. =\

Although.. maybe the "break it and you've bought it" agenda comes into play here.. If my bro provide me with the exact worth of that screen in cash I've atleast taken a step towards affording a 21''...

Comment

If I was your dad, your brother wouldn't have gone anywhere for a month, or so... Especially NOT to LAN party, and IN NO F***ING WAY with a monitor!

Comment

Costs a fortion though. =\

Although.. maybe the "break it and you've bought it" agenda comes into play here.. If my bro provide me with the exact worth of that screen in cash I've atleast taken a step towards affording a 21''...
                I've told the story of my 21" before .... I'm sure, but:

My mate's an engineer, he had a 21" for AutoCAD at work ... he got made redundant and got to keep the system. Anyway, him and his mrs came round for drinks one day, and she saw my 17" Monitor and said ... "hey derek, that's more like what we want, not that horible big thing"

I said "I'll swap ya" ... and the next morning I did. That was a few years ago, and my back still isn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CatRoaster
                  Yeah, it's still part of the tube, where the electron guns are. There's a vacuum inside so it's all one glass, err... tube. Hence the air getting in bit, though obviously dropping and smashing it also had something to do with it breaking. :bulb:
                  Oh I though you meant the front part.. I know that's vacuum sealed.. (I know that since another 17'' screen imploded when we threw it into the trash can..

We tryed to run the screen + comp using a inverter from 12 volt car batteries (alot of them and in a boat with a running engine...) the inverter simply wasn't stable enough and when we turned it on nothing happend.. (I asked my bro to shut it of but he didn't listen and claimed it could take some time for it to "wake up" I told him that it wasn't the case and I finally managed to convince him something was fishy.. When we got home the screen lacked green... (only blue and red left.. so all was pink/blue/purple.. O_o...) So we threw it into the trash.. BOOM! :bulb:

This was a **** IBM screen that came with his desktop puter from mom's office..

Yeah drastic re-distrobution of weight and the g-forces involved with getting dropped isn't to kind to electronic equipment..

and the next morning I did. That was a few years ago, and my back still isn't the same.
                  LOL!! :haha::up:

What does it weight? 50KG? How big is it?

Originally posted by DimensionSeven
                  If I was your dad, your brother wouldn't have gone anywhere for a month, or so... Especially NOT to LAN party, and IN NO F***ING WAY with a monitor!
                  Yeah I agree.. dad was ****** when he heard about it.. belive me.. to make matters worse dad was going to give him the ride to town on his way to work.. when they're finally done with all packing of equipment etc he asks my bro where he put his car keys.. Bro goes: "I dunno, dont you have them?" "No I gave them to you so you could put your stuff in the car" "Oh... I dont know where they are"

So we searched the house for a good 30 mins... When we've given up and dad wants all my bro's stuff out of the car and my dad's desided on using the moped to get to work.. (It's about 10KM way.. and it's in the middle of the winter) Dad's frustrated and tired so he leans against the outer door.. and spots the keys.. in my mothers boots..

My bro must have dropped the keys while he was putting on his jacket or something... Moron...

Comment

87.1 lbs. (35 kg)
                    500 × 490 × 488 mm (W × H × D)

All that weight is at the front too ... I haven't ever moved it since I installed it, even when I got a new desk etc .. I just kinda slid one out and the other in .... lol. evil. good monitor though ... and they still cost a fair whack...

Comment

Comment

Krill, that must be the greatest career ever: professional montior tester/experimenter/imploder/wrecker

i still don't get this, so was your parents 19" his monitor at the time because he wrecked the last one? because if he has a system with a knackered monitor, he needs another monitor.. so from what i can tell, your parents gave him the 19" one because his 17" went kaput... mighty fine deal if you ask me

Comment

I've told the story of my 21" before .... I'm sure, but:

My mate's an engineer, he had a 21" for AutoCAD at work ... he got made redundant and got to keep the system. Anyway, him and his mrs came round for drinks one day, and she saw my 17" Monitor and said ... "hey derek, that's more like what we want, not that horible big thing"

I said "I'll swap ya" ... and the next morning I did. That was a few years ago, and my back still isn't the same.
                          Yeah, tell me about it... I have "just" a 19" monitor and when I had to carry this thing up 3 storeys of our dorm, I felt the consequences even two days thereafter.

Comment

My bro must have dropped the keys while he was putting on his jacket or something... Moron...
                            he'll get better,

i remember when i was 14

Comment

Yeah I agree.. dad was ****** when he heard about it.. belive me.. to make matters worse dad was going to give him the ride to town on his way to work.. when they're finally done with all packing of equipment etc he asks my bro where he put his car keys.. Bro goes: "I dunno, dont you have them?" "No I gave them to you so you could put your stuff in the car" "Oh... I dont know where they are"

So we searched the house for a good 30 mins... When we've given up and dad wants all my bro's stuff out of the car and my dad's desided on using the moped to get to work.. (It's about 10KM way.. and it's in the middle of the winter) Dad's frustrated and tired so he leans against the outer door.. and spots the keys.. in my mothers boots..

This is what LAN partys do to the developing brain...

Edit: let me guess... Counterstrike? :weird:

Comment

priceless :haha: :up:

Like in a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X