Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Guess what? I've declared my 14 year old brother a ******.

Today he was going to a LAN in our town.. big LAN and many of his friends where going... So he takes the 19'' monitor our parents bought way back in the day (mint condition) and puts it in his office chair while making the nessesary preperations.

He then walks into the chair the 19'' monitor at about 35KG goes into the floor with a loud noise. I rush to his room and find him holding the screen.. My first thoughs are.. "NOT AGAIN YOU ****" (note stars added by me and not the forum)

We test it.. no picture what so ever and it rattles when we shake it.. We open it up (takes ages due to the fact that it got a billion screws).

The glass part in the back end is broken into 2.. I have no clue what this part does but it must have been vital to the function of the thing.. Of to the trash with it...

Dad over-rules me and says he should be alowed to borrow my 17'' I have along side my 19'' (2 screens are minimum when working with Photoshop and Flash etc.. and it's nice for dual tasking)...

I stood my ground but my dad claimed he got to have a screen for the **** lan.. so I finally agree...

Some hours after he's left for the lan I ask him how it's going.. and he said:
    "I dropped the screen.."
    I reply: "Yeah I know I put it in the trash remember?"
    "No the other one"
    "MY 17''!!!???"
    "Yes I hit the breaks on the luggage loader thingy and it went into the floor it's fine though"

The fun part is that some weeks ago he took his old 17'' to a nabor who arranged a lan using a wheelbarrow... and he dropped the monitor screen first into the tarmac.. it survived but the screen is alittle scratched and the plastic around the screen looks like someone have bitten it..

2x 17''s damaged
    1x 19'' destroyed

I'm telling you guys.. I aint letting him within 10 meters of my 19'' I got left.. If the 17'' got any damage that affect the image quality or the screen got marks... I'll demand he'll give me nuff cash to get a new one...

Some people... :weird:

Anyone knows a cure for this kind of behavior?.. I mean it have to be some kind of manical broken plastic/glass fetish..

you dont NEED 2 monitors for photoshop and flash thats just greedy

lol @ your brother

Comment

what the.... ???? why did your dad say he had to take YOUR 17"?? as you said, his 17" is a little scratched and the plastic is messed up, but that should mean it's ok for use, don't you just hate when parents take the other siblings side? (i won't say younger because my brother is older than me)

Comment

dont let him sign up here. god knows we dont need another opinionated ****** that cant spell to save his life

Comment

His old 17'' is in the possesion of my Sister.. She and her soon to be husband moved to their own appartment resently.

I made her a computer from a bunch of old/discarded components... (Compaq case +psu +mobo 1.6 Celeron CPU from bro's old desktop comp he aquired of mom's work,old 30GB HDD, some slow ram etc) As a cheap but usefull moving out present.. It works fine for someone who's most complex task in mind is playing "the sims" and surfing..

Originally posted by UR FAT LOL J/K
          dont let him sign up here. god knows we dont need another opinionated ****** that cant spell to save his life
          English isn't my first language. Sue me.

Comment

Re: [OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
            Anyone knows a cure for this kind of behavior?.. I mean it have to be some kind of manical broken plastic/glass fetish..
            Send Xan after him to slap him in the eyes.

Comment

The glass bit in the back? You mean the actual cathode ray tube?

Comment

Re: Re: [OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Originally posted by Daspadger
                Send Xan after him to slap him in the eyes.

shhhh your not supposed to mention XAN on here anymore

Comment

Re: Re: Re: [OT] 3 Screens my brother and a trashcan.

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
                  shhhh your not supposed to mention XAN on here anymore
                  No no, the robot, the one who will slap you in the eyes!

Comment

Im happy that Im single :up:

Originally posted by UR FAT LOL J/K
                    U :down:

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman
                      The glass bit in the back? You mean the actual cathode ray tube?
                      That's the one.

Quite vital isn't it?

Comment

You should have kicked his ***.

The "glass part" is part of the tube; break that, air gets in and then it's totally knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by CatRoaster
                          The "glass part" is part of the tube; break that, air gets in and then it's totally knackered.
                          No in the back.. it's almost at the end of thingys that extend back from the actual part where the image is projected.. It's a small bulb shaped part filled with some metal objects..

The "A" part

Comment

***** for letting your dad overrule

Comment

Just shoot the little *******.

Or let him work to pay for the damage.

:up:

Comment

Working...
                              X