No announcement yet.

Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a new member, but a longtime UT fan. This is a rather unusual topic for a first message, but what the heck...

I don't see why you are making such a big deal of typekilling. The way I see it, this game is primarily about shooting, while chat is a secondary feature. So if a player is concentrating on the chat, he must asume the risk of getting shot.

I have been typekilled in the past, and I see it as a fact of life.

I agree with Cortez when he says that chatting in the middle of a game is kind of like talking on cell phone during a fight, though I disagree about the "masculinity" thing. If men who care about their appearance and are sensitive offend you, maybe you need to work on your oh-too-fragile ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
      Funny how you pronounce 'XENON'
      You say it like 'ZENON'

xenon is pronounced

zee-non

Comment

do bots "pass you by" when you stop playing to flap your fingers? nope. Why should human players?

besides...it's just a game, no need to get your panties in a wad.

the wounded man should say to his asailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." such is the rule of honor.

Comment

I disagree about the "masculinity" thing. If men who care about their appearance and are sensitive offend you, maybe you need to work on your oh-too-fragile ego.
          Heh, that part's just flame bait anyway.

Comment

Typekilling is a stupid excuse. Accept the consequences.

When you decide to stop and type in the middle of some high-traffic area, near a powerup or something, what can you hope for? Don't expect to survive long in the enemy base when you decide to chat it up with your buddies. If you REALLY need to type something, go hide yourself.

Lets not even mention what happens when I don't typekill someone. I can't tell you how many times I've been burned for not Typekilling someone when I had the chance.

Stop being such a baby and realize that it's just a game.

Comment

Hasn't this topic pretty much run it's course? Seems pretty much everyone is in agreeance: don't type if getting killed upsets you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                There should be an written announcement on screen (eg "Player is Typekilling") and no point (or maybe even 1 negative point) should ensue from a typekill.
                Agreed :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                  There should be an written announcement on screen (eg "Player is Typekilling") and no point (or maybe even 1 negative point) should ensue from a typekill.
                  So say you're playing ctf and grab the flag, but don't kill a defender because he is typing, he then stops as you run out the door and kills you. Or during a fight he starts typing and then gets killed, resulting in the killer losing points
                  This would be abbused

Comment

T = Say | weaponswitch 1 | alt fire :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
                      xenon is pronounced

zee-non
                      and that means sea-nun in dutch :P

Comment

American..
                        mostly here people say it zen on rather than zee non

do bots "pass you by" when you stop playing to flap your fingers? nope. Why should human players?
                        Ok that was a kind of stupid exambple tbh...
                        bots... just suck.
                        and im sure they could be easily coded by epic to pass on a typing player but this would be abused, as again, they are bots.

Also ive said before i play LMS so its a bit stupid to spectate you cant join again and to wait till you die you just respawn again.
                        Also im not having a huge conversation, why does everoyne think i spend the whole match talking, its only a couple of words which is why it annoyse me to be fragged during them.

And main, again i play LMS so powerups dont really matter, sure i can hide myself and i sometimes do but the way i see it i shouldnt have to.
                        And i realise its just a game....
                        its not a deal to me in the real world....
                        i dont think all day what i would do to a typekiller i saw last night on ut.
                        Just while i am playing the game it annoyes me.

Comment

I changed my mind. Xenon's right. In fact, we should take it one further and design "*******", "smoking a joint", "praying", "masturbating", and "begging for mercy" animations so that people won't shoot us while we're engaging in those pursuits in-game.

Comment

Lol sometimes for fun when im dying and running like hell i manage to type "Mercy" while running and it sometimes works.
                            This one 1v1 we was both surviving for like 10 minuites, not a frag for ages, but awesome fights and a hella lotta running and chasing when 1 person was about to die
                            that was one of the best games ive ever had, a perfect matchup of skills

Comment

Working...
                            X