• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Anoobis
    hmmmmm thats a tricky one give me a min

and the answer is thats game hours
    http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/index.php

player hours is 3595677 at time of writing - 3.5 million hours...
    that 410 years?
    in other words
    there have been 67 servers been up constantly for a year each
    each server has had 6.11 players on constantly

14,000 servers, 2.1 million matches logged
    Ah, good work. I would have guessed about 4 players on average but you've come up with 6.

So in answer to Boksha's question, it's not 67 players but a little over 400 players at any given time during the year.

I don't know if that's a lot or a little but it's enough to give me a game whenever I want one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ~o~wombat~o~
    Yeah, I understand that, but are the stats for hours of matches played or hours of players playing? I thought it was for hours of matches played.
    hmmmmm thats a tricky one give me a min

and the answer is thats game hours
    http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/index.php

player hours is 3595677 at time of writing - 3.5 million hours...
    that 410 years?
    in other words
    there have been 67 servers been up constantly for a year each
    each server has had 6.11 players on constantly

14,000 servers, 2.1 million matches logged

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it means that when its busy there are twice as many frags

and boksha and wombat:
    say a person has played 100 hours of UT2004 and there are 2000 like him thats 200,000 hours worth of play. that comes to be nearly 23 years. see?
    Yeah, I understand that, but are the stats for hours of matches played or hours of players playing? I thought it was for hours of matches played.

Edit: Just took a closer look at the stats and it is for hours of matches played, at least it appears to be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ||| || | || |||
    what about the quiet times? like 4am (GMT) when you drop onto a UK server and nobody's playing?
    it means that when its busy there are twice as many frags

and boksha and wombat:
    say a person has played 100 hours of UT2004 and there are 2000 like him thats 200,000 hours worth of play. that comes to be nearly 23 years. see?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: The most popular game types !

Originally posted by Boksha
    Wait. Since the game is out for a year already, wouldn't that mean that the average amount of people playing official gametypes on stats servers at any time is only 67? That doesn't sound like a lot at all. :bulb:
    Nope, it's the total hours of all game types played on all stats servers, not the number of people playing the game types.

You could say that there are 67 active servers with players on it on average on any given day at any given time over the course of the past year.

I think that's right but it's still early and I don't wake up until after noon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that seconds per frag is in each individual server though. so during all games there is only1 frag every 12 seconds. where in real time there is one every 0.156 ish seconds. That was **** writing. i mean if you were to spectate in a random Ut2004 game there would be a frag every 12 seconds but if you spectated ALL games playin at this moment there is a frag every 0.156.
    That means writing this reply there has been about erm 50 frags? i dunno - a lot
    what about the quiet times? like 4am (GMT) when you drop onto a UK server and nobody's playing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: The most popular game types !

Originally posted by maurice2
    Interesting things:
    - Just for the official game types this accounts for 1'859'461 matches and a total game time of 67 YEARS
    Wait. Since the game is out for a year already, wouldn't that mean that the average amount of people playing official gametypes on stats servers at any time is only 67? That doesn't sound like a lot at all. :bulb:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    Oh, and notice the finesse of Double Domination players: no frags the entire game, usually! How cerebral!
    What can I say? "DDOM players REALLY know how to dodge"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mostly_Harmless
    Also if this game has only been out about a year, how can you have 67 years worth of playing time in that amount of time? I think your math is a little off.
    More than one person is playing DM at all times. That way, two peaple playing for 1 hour each = 2 hours of DM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that seconds per frag is in each individual server though. so during all games there is only1 frag every 12 seconds. where in real time there is one every 0.156 ish seconds. That was **** writing. i mean if you were to spectate in a random Ut2004 game there would be a frag every 12 seconds but if you spectated ALL games playin at this moment there is a frag every 0.156.
    That means writing this reply there has been about erm 50 frags? i dunno - a lot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see my mistake with the playing time, the 468,144 comes from offical game types, ONS DM TDM CTF BR MUTANT LMS only.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    None of this was made-up, I just pasted the official numbers into a spreadsheet.

From the total at the bottom, people (I presume collectively) have been playing the official maps for 591'330 hours.
    591'330 / 24 = 24'638 days
    24'638 / 365.25 = 67 years and some 5-odd months

Yes, 4 frags a minute is about one every 15 seconds.

Where does 468'144 come from? :weird:

Edit: Those statistics are real-time. There was 10.4 hours of Deathmatch played whilst I was typing this reply (a couple of minutes).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    what about frags?
    if you take the total frags and also the time the game has been out you can get real-time frags per second, somewhere around 0.156 seconds per frag? 6.5 frags per second. v approx.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see my mistake thank you! I went minutes, but what about the frags?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i've editied my last post a couple of times re-read
    got to remember al the servers with the ability to have a years worth of playing time (or more like 300 days ish)
    those stats don't take into account the actual real life time the game has been available

Leave a comment:

Working...
X