Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Onslaught Quirks

Originally posted by Clover
    Ok, i'll soon be filming a little video in UT2004 about all the retarded things that players do. So far, my list includes:

-Everyone fighting to get the raptor at the beginning of the match
    -The guy in the raptor goes to the tower, and gets the deemer, proceeds to blow himself with with it, and blames it on lag
    -Guy in hellbender honking his horn going back and forth stuck between two rocks
    -A guy gets killed, "OMGWTFAIMBOT!!!!11!!"
    -People trying to heal the core
    -Team members shooting at each other, and when they don't die, "OMGWTFAIMBOT!!!!111!"
    -Guy in raptor "HOW THE HELL DO I GO UP??" smashing into everything
    -Guy gets killed, then types for the next 5 minutes, and *****es "TYPE KILL!!!" when he gets killed again
    -Idlers
    -Every time a guy gets killed, he blames it on lag *cough cough*

Anything else you guys can think of?
    Sometimes i thank god i cant play online:up:

Others i just wish i could be there to see something like that:haha: Cant wait to see that video :up:

Comment

lol Phear your lucky. It gets weard online sometimes.

Comment

Shooting at your own node under construction - I've done that a few times.

Dogfighting Raptor vs Raptor for like 2 minutes, FINALLY winning, only to look at the radar and discover the rest of the team has lost the game.

Deathmatching in the enemy base and some total noob spawns in, and just stands there shooting at you with his Assault Rifle. On a similar note, someone just stands right above the powercore watching it (maybe looking for me), till I comboed him from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Clover

-The guy in the raptor goes to the tower, and gets the deemer, proceeds to blow himself with with it, and blames it on lag
          -Guy in hellbender honking his horn going back and forth stuck between two rocks
          I saw both these tonight, just couldn't stop laughing.

I don't think they were happy I had my mic on though

Comment

Its fun to take AFKs and push them onto the wings of a manta.
            Then you can go flying around with your new buddy. :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey_Reloaded
              Its fun to take AFKs and push them onto the wings of a manta.
              Then you can go flying around with your new buddy. :bulb:
              That's a sad way of gaining a social life....

Actually, you know what a good idea would be? Taking a video of people doing things RIGHT in onslaught, because it's such a rare occurance that I'm astounded when I see it.

It's not brain surgery, but people can't seem to grasp the concept of building nodes and destroying nodes and 8 times out of 10 even the best DMers end up getting frustrated and running around in a fury trying to catch that one ****er throwing spidermines around.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeacon
                Actually, you know what a good idea would be? Taking a video of people doing things RIGHT in onslaught, because it's such a rare occurance that I'm astounded when I see it.

It's not brain surgery, but people can't seem to grasp the concept of building nodes and destroying nodes and 8 times out of 10 even the best DMers end up getting frustrated and running around in a fury trying to catch that one ****er throwing spidermines around.
                well said deacon. every once and a while i get a team that actually works together and know what they are doing. but most of the times i am tring to jump on someone's manta as they speed off in the opposite dirction of the first node.

Comment

All personally witnessed:
                  • Some guy driving the 'bender out of the base without picking up passengers, while his teammates shoot flak and link primary at him.
                  • A Goliath on the hill outside the Torlan base doing some serious spawnkilling.
                  • People screaming about a spawnkilling Goliath, yet nobody actually tries to just shoot the **** thing. They all try to grab vehicles or run out of the base.
                  • The last node in Arctic Stronghold getting 'deemered 5 seconds after the home team manages to reclaim it, over and over.
                  • Half a team gathers in the Severance Levi, while their home node gets cut off.
                  • People running straight into the Primeval minefield without even bothering to clean up the mines or frag the people spamming them.
                  • Someone doing a good job sniping or skymining with the 'bender, then a teammate jumps in, drives off and gets the 'bender killed 5 seconds later.
                  • Goliath passengers leaning on the fire button, spraying minigun tracers everywhere even though there is no target in sight.
                  • People slurring the occasional line of song lyrics on voicechat.
                  • Three people get in a 'bender, then the driver takes them on a guided tour to the middle of nowhere.

Comment

-Guy gets killed, then types for the next 5 minutes, and *****es "TYPE KILL!!!" when he gets killed again

hehe! nice

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                      • The last node in Arctic Stronghold getting 'deemered 5 seconds after the home team manages to reclaim it, over and over.
                      • Someone doing a good job sniping or skymining with the 'bender, then a teammate jumps in, drives off and gets the 'bender killed 5 seconds later.
                      One of the reasons I can't stand Arctic is the deemer...the last time I played I was charging our home node (after deemer strike) and two manta pilots "helped" by shooting plasma at our slowly building node for the entire time, including when I had to pick up more link ammo.

The second really bugs me too, I don't know how many times I would be on a spree with the rear turret and someone drives off the cliff and gets us killed.

Comment

-people tying to swoop down in the raptor to crush players on foot just to miss and go grinding into a wall. (i've done this alot)
                        -Someone going fast in a turn with a scorp and over turns with the hand break, going back the way they came.
                        -Alot of fighting around a dying node with alot of players defending it and dying, while one stands right next to it with his link gun repairing his raptor. Then when he gets in he smashes it into the ground wall and anything around it.

Comment

- Everyone leaps in a vehicle and drives to a far node, no-one caps the base node.
                          - RedPlanet/Arcticstronghold, no-one defends the base node even though its exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by Malvos
                            One of the reasons I can't stand Arctic is the deemer...
                            Same here. I know a couple of servers that turn off the 'deemer and it makes Arctic a completely different and enjoyable map.

Comment

Originally posted by {Xero}Anomen
                              lol you cant telefrag in ons man theres no translocator...or at least not without a mod, in which case n00bs wouldnt be into the game enough to have.
                              On Dria, I went through the tower teleporter at the enemy base and telefragged a sniper. \o/

It can be done. I now have 1 telefrag kill in my stats now. (All I play is ONS)

Comment

Pretty much anything in this post can be used as inspiration

Comment

Working...
                                X