Force Default Character

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    well i got a weird problem..... I can force the default skins but it seems in ctf that somtimes the skins turn green lol making it impossible to tell who is on my team, anyone else ever get this problem? I used the ut2k4 ini editor to force them btw

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Flytag's skins are new designs and has Adrik and Marduk which are juggernaughts. The pack I did are updates of Freekboy's necris for 2k3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [slightly off-topic]
    Could someone please tell me the difference between these skinpacks:

Flak's Happy Halloween thread

Flytag's Necrisskinpack2

Is the latter an extension of the first?
    And which one are you updating Flak (hence, i will need updating)?

[/slightly off-topic-ness]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SJAndrew
    Actually, that makes perfect sense.

I've been an Assault ***** lately and I've dropped from my usual 1280 x 1024 holy s*** settings to 1024 x 768 medium/low settings to boost frames. Maybe this is why I'm having such a hard time seeing those skins.
    Also Flakkie turned up the brightness for the Teamskins, but left the original skins untouched and thus alot darker.
    Something to keep in mind.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SJAndrew

I've been an Assault ***** lately and I've dropped from my usual 1280 x 1024 holy s*** settings to 1024 x 768 medium/low settings to boost frames. Maybe this is why I'm having such a hard time seeing those skins.
    Or you DO need new glasses

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry about that I'll try to get them done this week

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Flak...I'll drop my settings tonight and see what you mean. I'll gladly update when you are ready :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ohhhhhhhh

OK, well there is a problem with the skins being set to world detail instead of skin, so if the person has on low world detail the skins will look washed out. I'll be fixing that and updating the skins shortly. I'll PM you minion when they are done. You can decide whether or not to update them. TY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    Let me know the server. I'll see which version they have. If its one of mine I'll make sure they have the latest versions.

Flak...the server SJ is talking about is H-TownMadness, I admin it and run your modified "FreekBoyNecris" pack. All our servers push the same pack as our members use these as clanskins. We also use UTVote and the skinglow is on full intensity. I agree with SJ, a few of the skins are dark, but no darker than Matrix. I could use Epic Brightskins...but I don't like team colors in DM. I could also use UTComp but that colored glow takes away from the detailed skins, so I reserve that for TDM or 1v1 play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with you Minion *if* I would be able to discretely change Matrix and other dark skins. But, seeing as how I have to change everyone, I think the benefit of actually seeing my enemies is canceled by the detriment of not knowing who they are.

It's all about what makes it fun for me.

Being shot at by the wall (as it seems sometimes in darker maps) isn't fun.

TBH, I never cared about bright(er) skins until UT2004. I never had this issue with 2003. Now it seems that I really have a tough time seeing some skins....Necris first and foremost.

Maybe I need new glasses...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Let me know the server. I'll see which version they have. If its one of mine I'll make sure they have the latest versions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My opinion is a forced skin by a single player would give him a great advantage over the other players. It would be like forcing models with UTComp. I think players choose skins like "Matrix" for stategical reasons. The Necris skins are the same, although I push them to give players more choice as the pack is available for all to download. You know the old saying SJ..."if you can't beat em....join em "

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's probably in my head as much as anything else.

The stock 2004 skins are way too dark, and Necris just makes it worse. UTExtra helps a lot, but I still find Necris to be very dark and frustrating to play against.

I've vacillated back and forth whether or not to force default skins. I like picking and choosing who to confront, so I'm not a fan of everyone having the same skin.

But, lately, I've been so frustrated with the Necris that it makes me want to play somewhere else. Seeing as how there is something I can do on my end, I wanted to give it a go.

It's kind of like Zounds. I cannot stand them. But, a lot of other people like them. I'm glad that there is a (an albeit clumsy) way to turn it off just for me. This is kind of what I'm doing with Necris. I know lots of other people don't share my disdain for the Necris inviso-skins, so I wanted to do something that would only affect me.

I just wish there was a way to discretely change only the Necris and Matrix skins. I don't want to change everyone...just those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I find the necris skins no harder to see (and yes Flak it's your pack) than a few of the standard ut skins. Although the male models are a bit dark. I use one of the female skins in dire need of a tan, and she seems to show fine. I put these skins on H-Town to level the field with all the "Matrix" type dark skins that players like to sport. I feel if Epic included the "Matrix" skin...the necris are just as fair. As for "old eyes"...I got a few years on ya there SJ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X