Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silicon Static

Hey folks,

I've been trying my best to reduce or eliminate static buildup when i'm working on my machines, especially after an incident I had not long ago when I had an old GeForce 4 MX on my carpet, put it into the machine, powered it on, and it sizzled and popped much like a skillet. Anyhoo, I know that you should wear a strap and junk. I don't. I touch a doorknob or something metal, then get to work. If i'm on carpet, I wear shoes, etc etc.

My question has to do with a new system i've been working on. Silicon has not been on the carpet, but i've had the open case on the floor when messing around with it. It's my holiday uprade and was very costly, and I'd like to take the precautions to make sure there is no static buildup on the hardware whatsoever. How do I make sure there is no buildup on the system? I can remove buildup on myself by touching a doorknob or something metal, like I said, but to make sure there is no buildup on the mobo/cards/etc, what is the best way to go about doing this?

Thanks,

Paranoid.

get a humidifier. the air wont be so dry and it will reduce the risk of static.

Comment

Just be carefull, odnt wear a sweater or some staticy clothes. Use the static-proff puches that the cards come in to put them on when not being handled.

Comment

Working...
      X