Played my first game in over a month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played my first game in over a month

Yep played my first ut2k4 game in over a month and surprisingly I seem to still have my quick reflexes as I did the day I stopped playing ut2k4 for awhile, which I find amazing since I have been playing halo2 on a controller with heavy online auto aim. Yep I was able to snipe perfectly and pull off my shock combos just like I had never stopped playing unreal tournament. Just funny how you never lose your touch with the past games you play. :up:

Lucky. I quit for a month once, and when I came back, my hitscan was around -32590%, and everything seemed faster than it used to be.

Comment

Not sure why but everytime I take a little break, I play better when I get back in.

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
        Not sure why but everytime I take a little break, I play better when I get back in.
        Same here. Especially if I go play a different game in between. It's all mental for me, I think I figured it out some time ago. In most other games like Call of Duty or UT '99, it takes less shots to kill someone, so when I attack in 2k4 after playing one of those, I hammer the enemy harder because I think they'll just drop dead and I'm too mentally stubborn to give this notion up. May be false, but I think that's at last part of it.

Comment

Lucky for you, if i dont play for even 3 days i suck

Not that im much good in the first place

Comment

jesus when i was moving to Zambia, i had to go off for 8 days. i was ****(per) than ever.

Comment

I dont have problems coming back after quitting for a couple weeks...i dont really quit, i just stop playing, LOL...if that makes any sense, But it may just take a match or two of practice but then i'm back to my old skill level.

Comment

I haven't played in about a year.... Can you say missed bots?

I played a few BM games against the bots..... When I get a little better I will start playing online again....

Comment

I used to play at 175% speed. If I missed 3 days, I was ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Virax
                    ....and everything seemed faster than it used to be.
                    that's what i noticed too.. i played my first game in 3 months today...the 325 ping didn't help me any...but it was still fun...:heart:

Comment

Sometimes you get into a slump of repeating the same moves and firing methods, so taking a break you forget about your slump and you come back rejuvinated and play with new ideas.
                      It is the same way with writing music, you take a break sometimes when you feel less inventive and come back and its like magic!

Comment

i to am finding it difficult after putting down ut2004 4 months ago. So many games appealed to me more than ut 2004 i just cudnt help it

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
                          I played World of Warcraft, the most non-FPS game you can play, and I had awesome aim when I came back. I guess I threw away my bad habits that I would automatically use.

Comment

lol

If I dont play for a week I suck. But its funny I play better at night when Im tired lol, weard eh?

Comment

Working...
                            X