X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Weekend Desktop Thread 12.31.04

My week ended 7 hours ago on the 30th

[SHOT]http://members.***.net/mryanbrown/123004_WindowsXPDesktop.PNG[/SHOT]

God bless the Violent Femmes. On a side note I just ordered 2 of Greg Graffin's (Singer/Writer for Bad Religion) Ph.D. dissertation. Which was orriginally limited to 500 signed copies, but all ordered up through December 04 will be signed in a different ink color after that. Well I didn't get 1-500, But it will be signed and soley for myself and not for sale. One of the greatest thinkers of our time. And yes, he is a member of a punk band, and submitted his Ph.D. dissertation at Cornell, that's right Cornell University.

EDIT: Deleted 'my' thread as I seen the gimp'ed one almost 2 pages back.

EDIT: Apparently it's closed? So this one is back.

How about you delete this thread, and then make it again... ONCE THE WEEKEND IS HERE. :bored:

I'm sorry for being harsh, but... really. The weekend desktop thread should be for the weekend. And not just one person's weekend - the actual weekend. Sheesh.

Comment

It is here. My 'week' 'end'ed

Comment

Today = Friday. And still quite early on friday, no matter WHAT timezone you're in.

Weekend = Saturday, Sunday.

Today != Weekend.

Comment

Actually it isn't, Sunday is the beginning of the week on every calendar. So technically Friday and Saturday is the weekend. Can you say pwnt?

Comment

I'm not really sure how I'd pronounce "pwnt," even if it applied here. However, the calender also lists the months out of order. (Research their meanings and the greko-roman calender if you're interested in the actuality of it all.) The calender ALSO lists the year as 2004, when that's some 4-6 years off, I believe.

So... why don't we just go by what's commonly accepted? And what's commonly accepted is that whether it's actually 2004 or not, whether the months are actually in order or not, whether sunday is actually the beginning of a week or not... to the common people the year is 2004, the months are correct, and the week ends with Sunday.

Blagh.

Comment

Ok, let's go by whats commonly accepted, the Desktop Thread has been commonly accepted on Friday for over a year. GG.

Comment

I believe it's a bit more of a recent devolution than that, but it doesn't really matter. Carry on, I suppose.

Comment

How wonderful to have your blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThodt
                    How wonderful to have your blessings.
                    And how wonderful to have your sardonic attacks. It was obvious that my statement was intended as an implication that I would no longer linger on the topic of when this was posted, though you so conveniently took it as an elitest remark...

Comment

Originally posted by DrThodt
                      Ok, let's go by whats commonly accepted, the Desktop Thread has been commonly accepted on Friday for over a year. GG.
                      He's right - in fact, over a year, more like two.
                      They were started on Fridays ever since I have been
                      registered.

Check out the FAQ's in my sig (****) and for gowd's sake, stop moaning about the start time etc and post more desktops!!

As long as it's friday, who really cares? I don't get chance to surf much on Saturday/Sunday so friday has always been the "week end".

Comment

Yeah who really cares now anyway?

Hardly anyone participates anymore.

Comment

My mistake. I thought it had been a more recent occurence. Nevertheless, I think it's annoying that it's started early Friday morning, but I probably am being a bit ****.

Sorry, then.

EDIT: I'll try to participate, if I can get my computer running by tommorow night.

Comment

Originally posted by badger_fruit
                            Check out the FAQ's in my sig (****) and for gowd's sake, stop moaning about the start time etc and post more desktops!!

As long as it's friday, who really cares? I don't get chance to surf much on Saturday/Sunday so friday has always been the "week end".
                            From your FAQ:

Also, there is an argument as to *when* this thread should start, well as far as the weekend goes in real life - it starts at 0000hrs on a Saturday. However, listen to any radio station on a friday evening and they'll tell you at around 1700hrs (GMT BTW) that "the weekend is here".

My suggestion is that they can start on Fridays but at a reasonable time (after school/work etc).

IMO, the tradition (since I've been registered anyway) is that a new person starts the thread each week. I think the race to be the first poster is what has always brought the time forward each week!
                            Since it long ago stopped being the 'Weekend Desktop Thread', why not just call it the 'Weekly Desktop Thread'? Then you fruits can start it on Thursday night or whatever and none of us sane people will get annoyed by it.

Comment

Somebody should take off the Admin hat.

**** and then some.

Comment

Working...
                              X