UT2 conversion for UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2 conversion for UT2004

Maybe this has been addressed somewhere, but after an exhaustive search I could not find anything. Does anyone have any idea if Unreal 2 has been/will be/was converted into a UT2k4 MOD? Sure, I’ve got the UTXMP MOD going, and it’s splendiferously neato, but I’d like to play Unreal 2, since it never came out for my platform of choice. If anyone has any information that would be super-excellent. Thanks.

If you like games, get an Xbox or a PC. Really, I'm not being a smart ***, I'm being honest. Xbox is like 150 bucks now, and you can find a second hand decent gaming PC for around $200. I just bought a PC off a guy for $200, it has a 1.7 GHz P4, 512 megs of PC 3200 DDR RAM, a Radeon 9600 XT, and an 80 gig HDD. It plays every game out there at least decently, games that didn't just come out it plays very well.

Sure, there was a time when few could afford to plop down 2-3 grand on a Mac and then another grand on a PC, but that's just not the case any more.

Comment

Porting U2XMP to UT2k4 has proved suprisingly difficult for FMI. Much of U2 does not port well or at all to UT2k3 or 2k4. I've somehow become the person that is porting XMP-Freefall to UTXMP, and should know at least something about it. U2's particle system is well beyond UT2k4(and probably closer to the U3 engine than the UT2k4 2.5 engine.) Static meshes use a format specific to U2, hence the need for them to be rebuilt or ported through byzantine and sometimes arcane means (then possibly adjusted through by yet other methods.) 1/2 of it is simple(copy and paste yay!), 1/2 of it is bizarrely complex. Also porting U2XMP is probably much easier than SP U2 in relative terms, as it probably a less involved task. I also severely doubt many teams will tackle a single player game port for a mod, as they don't have much of a community nor are they original.

Play some UTXMP to get your U2 fix!!!

Comment

Thanks for the helpful response, PRG. I knew that there had to be some logical reasoning behind it all.

Comment

What do you mean U2 wasn't released on your platform of choice?

If you can play UT2004 you can play U2.

Comment

Working...
          X