No announcement yet.

can they beat UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting down the choice isn't a logical solution to a few people who can't find servers that cater exactly to their liking.

Someone can't find a populated lowgrav-insta-quadjump-ctf-faceclassic-only server, so they remove CTF completely? Sorry but theres nothing wrong with lots of gametypes.

Comment

No, no, no. The logic is cut the gametypes that are VERY underpopulated (Mutant, BR) and the majority of the mutators. That leaves vanilla DM/CTF/etc.

The actual problem is that when someone is looking for a CTF server, they can find very few servers that AREN'T weird combinations of mutators (such as lowgrav-insta-quadjump-ctf-faceclassic-only.)

By removing the mutators, vanilla CTF/DM/etc can survive. Those who are fans of lowgrav-insta-quadjump-ctf-faceclassic-only need not worry, though... such mutators would be coded and released as custom mutators in no time. Look at the Zark community - it exists, but the Zark mutator isn't in the game.

There is such a thing as too much variety. The problem isn't the actual amount of variety, but the amount of variety that comes with the game.

Comment

****...I liked BR...

Comment

Originally posted by LooZeR
          ****...I liked BR...
          Epic's not said WHAT is being cut, I was just using it as an example. However, if it is cut (which it may be... noone knows) you can bet that the dedicated BR players will probably manage to get a mod going to faithfully recreate it.

Comment

Working...
          X