Irritating stat/spectating bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irritating stat/spectating bugs

1. If you join a server as a spectator and then join the game as a player your stats are not logged on the stat-server. Or if you join a server as a specator and join game next map before the it start your stats are still not logged on the stat-server.

2. Your playingtime still runs even if you're just a specator. If you spectate half a game (waiting for someone to leave) and then joins, your statistics will be only half as good as they should be. This is the clientside stat (pressing F4 during game).

Please consider this in next patch, if there will be another one...

+1 for teh post count! :up:

Comment

Originally posted by -=KilL-Ha-Ic3=-
      +1 for teh post count! :up:
      Hehe, I've been using another account the last couple of years.
      Found this account as I was cleaning up my mailbox.

Comment

the playing time one should be fixed yes. but I think spectator joins are nullified for a reason.. people abuse them to join the stronger team.

Comment

..if that's the case (@beserker), then the second bug doesn't matter as spectator-->player stats are not logged anyway.

Comment

lol internet

Comment

this hasn't happened to me yet.... is this like a confirmed bug?

Comment

Originally posted by {BL}Beerserker
                the playing time one should be fixed yes. but I think spectator joins are nullified for a reason.. people abuse them to join the stronger team.

I know what you mean, but spectating doesn't help you to join the stronger team. If you start as a spectator you only have a "join"-button and still have to switch team after you joined.

And the stupid thing is that if you spectates the first seconds of a match and play all the rest, your stat is not logged on the stat-server. But if you play only a couple of seconds and spectate the rest of the time, your stat IS logged on the stat-server.

Comment

Originally posted by |CE|BeyonDeath
                  this hasn't happened to me yet.... is this like a confirmed bug?
                  This happens to everyone, including you. Maybe I was abit unclear regarding my first post. In item one I was talking about the stat-server, and in item two I was only talking about the clientside stat (pressing F4 during gameplay).

Comment

Originally posted by JallaJonas
                    I know what you mean, but spectating doesn't help you to join the stronger team. If you start as a spectator you only have a "join"-button and still have to switch team after you joined.

And the stupid thing is that if you spectates the first seconds of a match and play all the rest, your stat is not logged on the stat-server. But if you play only a couple of seconds and spectate the rest of the time, your stat IS logged on the stat-server.
                    Yes it does help you join the stronger team, because if you have no preference set for red or blue you will always join red when teams are even, and in other cases, whichever team has less players. So it can be timed.

I think the "starting as spectator" join can be fixed if they change it to allow you to join BEFORE a match begins, rather than the moment the announcer says "Play!" .. I also think stats should not be logged if you are in the game less than say, 30 seconds AND left. IE at the end of the match if you were in for 29 seconds total at any point and left the game, your stats are nullified. Whereas if you joined at the end for 29 seconds and stayed to the end it would count them. This is because sometimes people join games unintentionally and aren't able to cancel out in time (sometimes the computer does not respond, even to a 'disconnect').

As for the added play-time the game shows after speccing, you're right, those stats wouldn't be logged anyway.. but I still hate the way it looks.

Comment

Yes it does help you join the stronger team, because if you have no preference set for red or blue you will always join red when teams are even, and in other cases, whichever team has less players. So it can be timed.
                      Yeah, this is one of the bad solutions they made. As you say the player will join red when teams are even. And because of that statistically (not in a single, isolated match, but in general after a large amount of matches) red will always be the best team. So if a player are looking for the best team, he should have his preference set for red. It shouldn't be like this...

You're right about the timing issue.

This is because sometimes people join games unintentionally and aren't able to cancel out in time (sometimes the computer does not respond, even to a 'disconnect').
                      Know what you mean. Joining a server seconds before the match ends just to get killed once and end up with 0% efficiency and lose 10 points on your ELO-ranking. Always fun.

As for the added play-time the game shows after speccing, you're right, those stats wouldn't be logged anyway.. but I still hate the way it looks.
                      Good we agree on something.

Comment

Do you actually lose ELO points even if someone hadn't killed you? But anyway good point, it should not log stats for last minute joins, I previously stated it should.

Comment

Do you actually lose ELO points even if someone hadn't killed you? But anyway good point, it should not log stats for last minute joins, I previously stated it should.
                          I don't think u lose ELO points if you're not killed. But on several servers it's almost impossible avoid getting killed once as the server does some cheatprotectionchecks and makes everything a freakin lag-mania for the first couple of seconds.

Comment

yeah.

Comment

Working...
                            X