Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6600GT vs 9800 pro..?!?!

Hey guys,
    Im building a new computer and was wonderin what graphics card to put in it...either the Leadtek 6600GT or the HIS 9800 Pro (Ice Q)... Theres hardly any price difference but i want the most bang for my buck ...

i was instantly gonna go for the gt but the 9800 pro seems so warm n fuzzy...like i kno its gonna b good.....and for some reason i just dont like nvidia :weird: ....

Comment

the gt blows it away tho
      the 9800 pro is like 3-4 year old tech

Comment

I'd have to go for the 6600 GT.

They both have 8 pipelines, but the 6600 GT has a 128-bit memory bus width while I'm relatively confident that the 9800 Pro had 256-bit.

However, the 6600 GT is clocked a lot higher. So I think either one, 9800 Pro or 6600 GT will do just fine, maybe go for the 6600 GT for Shader Model 3.0, which just gives it an edge

Comment

im so confused......:S so the 6600GT is the best option then, in terms of speed and quality...

Comment

Those are just a couple of specifications for the 2 cards.
            Overall, yes, the 6600GT would be a better buy and perhaps even slightly cheaper

Comment

kk...ill order 1 now..:P

Comment

so i want this 1..... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...f_6600_GT.html (top 1)

but im still attracted to this 1...
                http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...00_Series.html (4th 1 down, the HIS)

they both sound as good as each other....i still dunno which 1 too choose.....:cry:

Comment

6600GT.
                  Faster.
                  Better drivers, especially in OpenGL and Linux.
                  Runs cooler.
                  New technology.

6600GT > 9800Pro.

Comment

I think the 6600GT is slightly slower on older games, like UT or UT2004, but much faster on newer games like Doom 3 or Half-life 2. Since they're the same price, go for the GT.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doc.
                      i was instantly gonna go for the gt but the 9800 pro seems so warm n fuzzy...like i kno its gonna b good.....and for some reason i just dont like nvidia :weird: ....
                      to think that way, u must have a seriously limited imagination

Comment

so i want this 1..... http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...f_6600_GT.html (top 1)

but im still attracted to this 1...
                        http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...00_Series.html (4th 1 down, the HIS)

they both sound as good as each other....i still dunno which 1 too choose.....:cry:
                        Don't buy it from there though

Comment

lol....where should i get it from??....theyve got an offer on at the mo (its only £122.95)

Comment

6600 GT barely beats out the 9800 pro. I'd go for the 6600 GT, since it has SM 3.0 and is more future proof than the 9800 pro.

Comment

lol....where should i get it from??....theyve got an offer on at the mo (its only £122.95)
                              +VAT and postage

Nah buy from there if you want but don't say I didn't warn you if it comes to RMAing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X