Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do u remove the cap FPS when watching demos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do u remove the cap FPS when watching demos?

i hate watching demos that are capped @ 30FPS.. what do i type to set it to like whatever FPS i want? thanks!

UT2004.ini

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]

NetServerMaxTickRate=30

Change the 30 to whatever you want.

I got it at 45. I think.

Comment

it cannot be done at watching time. it's decided at recording time.

in you ut2004.ini

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
      NetServerMaxTickRate=60
      LanServerMaxTickRate=60

will give you 60fps demos at playback

so you cannot choose fps on demos recorded by other guys, only yours.

Comment

Touche Mr. A-1.

Comment

thank you so much guys... i was getting sorta dizzy watching the demos @ 30 FPS...sometimes even @ 20...hurts my eyes..

Comment

i could've swear there is a way to type in the console that alters the FPS when viewing the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by DaPlayer1
              i could've swear there is a way to type in the console that alters the FPS when viewing the demo.
              Increasing the FPS of a demo while watching would simply make the demo play twice as fast.
              Epic saves the demo data on a per-frame basis, and hasn't included a way to interpolate the data.

Comment

is there a program that Convert .DEMO4 to .AVI without open Unreal?

Comment

Originally posted by ]M[-SiLv3rJaX-
                  is there a program that Convert .DEMO4 to .AVI without open Unreal?
                  UT demo files are just a sequence of instructions. It's like seeing a game with only bots, one of them has your name and you see it in first person. However, instead of accepting your input in real time it accepts input from a sequence of commands from a file (the demo itself). Therefore you need to use the game to see it and convert it. Unless you find an app that shows a frame of the demo, pauses it, saves it to hard drive and then uses a codec to convert to AVI. No... wait... the game does exactly this

Comment

'Cause i have some great Frag-Demo's on Unreal, but if i Convert it to .AVI with that Unreal-thingy it takes AGES!!!! :cry:

Comment

Unfortunently it must be like that (take a long time). Like I said, the demo isn't a collection of screenshots but a collection of commands, positions, etc. If you want to make an AVI you need the screenshots (aka frames). Usually a demo file is recorded at 25fps. It means that for you to have a 1 second AVI it requires to make 25 screenshots and then code them to AVI.
                      Basically, yeah, it's gonna take a while to perform.

Comment

I thought there was a program for watching .DEMO4 without to open Unreal or had i dreamed that?

Comment

Haven't seen it. It was probably a program to open UT2004.exe and directly go to the demo file and show it. I think it can be done with some command line options. I gotta check it. However, it still needs UT2004 to run.

Comment

You cannot convert DEMO4 directly to a .AVI

Comment

i could have sworn that there was a consol command that would dump .bmp shots into a folder rather than a demo4.

Comment

Working...
                              X