Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Re: Re: Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?

    Originally posted by comb0KING

    noob mod this... noob mod that.. here a noob... there a noob... everywhere a noob, noob.
    Nice.

    What's with the attitude? If there are no "noobs" then there are no modders. Modders, mappers, skinners and coders have to start somewhere.

    Comment


      #62
      Mildly excited. Source was "better" than the current Unreal engine, the Unreal 3 engine may be "better" than Source, and something else after that will come along that's better than the Unreal 3 engine.

      It's hard to get REALLY excited when there's always something better right around the corner.

      Comment


        #63
        I don't think Source is better than the current Unreal Engine. If I were to licence an engine for a game today, it'd be Unreal Engine2.

        Comment


          #64
          maybe you need to wake up and smell the other engines that are out there

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
            I don't think Source is better than the current Unreal Engine. If I were to licence an engine for a game today, it'd be Unreal Engine2.
            Idiot.

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by MarZer
              Idiot.
              ++1

              he needs to come out of his little box and start playing other games :sour:

              Comment


                #67
                Anybody else excited at the possiblilies with UE3?
                Yes, although I'm not getting any ******* (both verbal and other).

                Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
                I don't think Source is better than the current Unreal Engine. If I were to licence an engine for a game today, it'd be Unreal Engine2.
                Yes, then you'd have to spend a few months putting in shader support and stuff. Or, you could license an engine that already has all that plus advanced facial animation system and other things (read: Source), and start making the 'actual' game right away (or with minor changes to the core engine systems).

                Originally posted by Bagel Fish
                maybe you need to wake up and smell the other engines that are out there
                Gotta go with this.

                Comment


                  #68
                  polycount wise UE2 is the way to go. Source is a much more better engine though purley because of the shaders. all Unreal Engine games doesnt really run too great on full whack detail to though

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                    polycount wise UE2 is the way to go. Source is a much more better engine though purley because of the shaders. all Unreal Engine games doesnt really run too great on full whack detail to though
                    wtf? i get a gazillion fps with Unreal 1 full details !!!

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by Bagel Fish
                      wtf? i get a gazillion fps with Unreal 1 full details !!!
                      Well, I get a gazillion + 1 FPS . . . so there.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by MarZer
                        Idiot.
                        Apart from pixel and vertex shader 2.0 models, Source really doesn't have much more than Unreal Engine 2, so technically, yeah Source is "more advanced" but not by too much.

                        I think Unreal tools are much better than any other engine's tools, that's the real thing with me...the ability to create custom content easily. I mean Unreal Ed is very powerful and took me only about a month to learn well. I really didn't like working with Radiant or Half-Life (2)'s Hammer editor.

                        I really am sorry that I have given the impression that I am an "idiot", I just happen to like Unreal Engine's and their tools and prefer them over other engines.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Yeah, UnrealEDs tools are so great it GPFs without a valid reason sometimes when doing a full rebuild

                          On the other hand, I havent had that in UT2004's UnrealED build yet

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
                            I think Unreal tools are much better than any other engine's tools, that's the real thing with me...the ability to create custom content easily. I mean Unreal Ed is very powerful and took me only about a month to learn well. I really didn't like working with Radiant or Half-Life (2)'s Hammer editor.
                            In terms of tools and modability Epic's way ahead of the opposition.
                            Whether that's a good or a bad thing when it comes to modding remains to be seen.

                            Originally posted by Happy_Hamburger
                            Yeah, UnrealEDs tools are so great it GPFs without a valid reason sometimes when doing a full rebuild
                            I never had that happen with any build. :bored: (then again I didn't really do too much mapping in the older games)

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Unreal Engine 3 sounds all good, but the difference with the bump mapping, was that the latest graphics cards developed by Nvidia and ATI (Geforce 6800 series, Radeon X800, X850 Series) have been designed to support bump mapping to the fullest extent.

                              Of course bump mappings been around for the longest time, however when you put things into a technological-limits perspective, bump mapping has always been rendered through the processor. Bump mapping was never rendered in real time in the past, which makes all the difference when asking why bump mapping takes its appearence in next generation games.


                              Bump mapping has also been improved during the years, and the technological advances that help depict texture and form it into a 3-dimensional mesh slapped onto a 2-dimentional surface, has needless to say "been improved."

                              I feel the unreal engine 3 is good, and it covers one of the most essential parts of games in modern days (graphics.) However much of the game really depends on game play. Hopefully EPICs next unreal * title for the PC will feature nice gameplay, but it will be a long time until we get to see what the result is.

                              In the mean time save up, and buy those monster graphics cards, and a system that can handel the resource intensive graphics rendering.

                              But my advice is to not get too excited and keep your expectations low. That way its harder to be dissappointed about the outcome to the release.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X